NCLEX exam before CGFNSRegister Today!
- by ladyniavi Aug 4Hi! I just want some insights on something. I recently passed the Philippine NLE and I am preparing for NCLEX but I was thinking of applying to a state that would only require CES and not CP - CGFNS coz I think processing will really take longer than CES. If I am to pass the NCLEX on a state and want to take the CGFNS for the reason of eligibility to change states and work as an RN. .can I or would I still be able to take the CGFNS exam? Hope you can help me with this. . .
- 1,620 Views
- Aug 4 by Silverdragon102Only a handful of states require CGFNS exam, also better to apply to the state you want to live and work in
- Aug 10 by mpgj83I was always under the impression that an applicant had to obtain his or her ATT first before sitting in for the NCLEX. So is it actually permissible to take NCLEX first without ever having yet applied to a state board of nursing?
- Aug 10 by JustBeachyNurseQuote from mpgj83No. One does not apply to sit the NCLEX but to a state board of nursing for a license by examination. The NCLEX is one step in the licensing process. Once your application is approved the BoN authorizes Pearson Vue to issue an authorization to test and the candidate can then schedule to take the NCLEX.I was always under the impression that an applicant had to obtain his or her ATT first before sitting in for the NCLEX. So is it actually permissible to take NCLEX first without ever having yet applied to a state board of nursing?
- Aug 10 by mpgj83Thank you JustBeachyNurse. I've come by one too many posts that implied otherwise, so I've been confused. Maybe I've just misunderstood. Thank you.
- Aug 10 by Silverdragon102just be aware some states require CGFNS exam for nurses that trained outside of the US and this can be used for immigration requirements however to work as a nurse you must meet state requirements and pass NCLEX before a license will be issued