Advice for a new RN grad wishing toTravel Nurse to Germany - page 3
Hi All =) I am looking for advice! I will graduate with my RN in May of 2010 and I am extremely interested in traveling abroad to Germany. I am young with no attachments and I believe this is the perfect time to carry out this... Read More
- 0Jun 27, '11 by FlorencQuote from chulada77Chulada77:KatieIowaMinnesotaRN, I will mentally send you lucky thoughts this Saturday!! You are going to do well! No problem, You Got This!
I am a Senior in Nursing School (18 month BSN program) and am interested in international nursing. I am very interested in your comments about working in Germany. Would they hire new grads on these bases in Germany? Which base did you work out of? Is there a time commitment that you must promise upon taking a job at the base? Are you paid as a US citizen in dollars? What skills would you preform on the base (was it a clinic, or a hospital)? Thank you so much, I hope that you read this post.
- 0Jun 28, '11 by ZippyGBRfactors to consider
Germany is part of the EU this means two things
1. 4600 hour pre-reg programs - which i suspect will rule out anyone from the USA without a BSN - as Diploma and ADN Rns attempting to come to the UK are finding
2. i don't know what the current work permit scenario in Germany for none EU staff is, but they will be obliged to appoint EU nationals first, then people who don't require work permits (i.e. people who have residency but not necessarily citizen ship ) before appointing people who require work permits having demonstrated that they can't find a suitably skilled person ...
3. i'm not sure what the requirements for knowledge of German will be ...
4. this is before any differences in the historical culture and relationship between provider groups in german Healthcare ... ( germany historically was quite physician centric in the hands on way)
alternatively if you want Europe without the hassles associated with going on the local net what's the picture in civilian jobs working for the US forces in Europe