UW-Oshkosh Accelerated BSN May '14Register Today!
- by dasha99 May 13Hi all,
I am applying to the accelerated BSN program at UW-Oshkosh for the May 2014 cohort. Just curious if anyone else is planning to apply to this cohort as well.
- Jul 26 by bkohl18Hi, I am also applying for the May 2014 cohort. I applied to the last cohort and I didn't get in so I'm trying it again. Hopefully this time I get in. Are you applying to any other schools?
- Sep 7 by eshallowI applied in late July. Still haven't heard anything yet. I'm interested to see when they start the process!
- Sep 13 by anesthesia_4_youI applied. I know that the app. indicated they would not start the review process until closer to the deadline date.
- Sep 13 by anesthesia_4_you@bkohl18- Did they indicate or give you feedback as to why you didn't get in the first time?
- Sep 15 by Medic2RNMoved to the Wisconsin State Nursing Programs forum.
- Sep 16 by bkohl18They really didn't give me a specific reason. But I talked to Sue about reapplying, and she just pointed out some areas where I could improve (more CNA experience, better recommendation...etc) They will just email you saying that you were not accepted, if you don't get in.
- Sep 17 by anesthesia_4_youDid you gather more CNA experience over the last year? Based on past cohort discussions, it really looks like the admissions group takes the CNA experience quite seriously. Who gave your recommendations? Anyone in the medical field? My two are from high-level RNs, both of whom I work with. I don't think we are going to hear for email interviews for at least a couple of weeks, if they follow the schedule they did the past two cohorts. I am really excited about this program! Anyone else out there apply for the May '14 cohort? Join the discussion!
- Sep 19 by bkohl18Have you applied to the program before. I had a slight issue with one of my recommendations, it was my CNA class teacher (she was a public health nurse) She said she was going to do it, then never did and I could never get a hold of her. So after the application was due they let me quick find another one. She was a nurse, but more of a family friend. My other recommendation was not a nurse, just one of my bosses. This time I have 2 working RN's as recommendations, so that should help. I also just have been working as a CNA, so I have a few months more experience in a skilled nursing facility than I had last time I applied. I also retook my Teas and got a better science score. So I'm hoping that all this helps! Yeah we probably won't hear for a few more weeks. Last time it was a month til I got an email to schedule my online interview.
- Sep 23 by anesthesia_4_youWell that's all good to hear. I have never applied to the program. I just graduated with Bachelor's degree in Biology in May. What is the online interview? Are you real-time typing responses to questions, or how exactly is the online set up? I have never heard of such an interview--only in-person and telephone. I wonder how many people applied this time around. Being patient is turning out to be quite a challenge--I am just so excited and enthusiastic about the program. I wish I could hibernate until they come up with their decisions! Happy waiting