NO RN JOBS IN MILWRegister Today!
- by lawandaluxnurse Sep 8, '12Noone is hiring in milw
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=782849©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,081 Views
- Sep 21, '12 by sweetlilwolfThere are Tons, but at least for me being a new nurse they want experience. Try on milwaukeejobs.com... lots of RN jobs but hard as heck to get them
- Sep 25, '12 by MangofruitQuote from lawandaluxnurseUntrue. I just got hired today in acute care. There is hope!Noone is hiring in milw
- Sep 26, '12 by Mommy2beI find that very hard to believe, I have done agency nursing in MKE for 5 years, just moved up north last year, but my Agency still tells me they are dying for help.
- Sep 27, '12 by sweetlilwolfThe thing is though they arent really hiring New nurses (new grads)... there is so many nursing schools in wisconsin the areas gets flooded with new nurses... you have 5 plus years experience... so its completely different... like comparing apples and oranges. its just harder to get a position as a new graduate.
- Sep 27, '12 by lawandaluxnurseit is not untrue, I have been trying for months to change jobs and all I get is no and I do have alot of experience. I could work agency unfortunately the system I work for is the one that uses them the most so I cannot work agency yet they will pay agency and not pay staff. They make me sick. Congrats on getting the job but they are few and far between. just because they advertise does not mean they are hiring!!!!!
- Sep 27, '12 by Mommy2beIt may help to have a reference also, or call the HR department directly. I know the Columbia St. Mary's is needing help right now, have you tried there?
- Sep 27, '12 by MangofruitI think the advice to call HR directly is good...even better cotact the hiring manger for the particular floor you want to work on. You need to think outside of the box these days. Yes, nursing jobs are harder to get into right now because organizations want the cheapest but yet the most qualified workers. I applied to over 200 positions. The floor I got hired on I asked the director of nursing directly for an interview. If you want something you have to ask for it right?
- Sep 27, '12 by soxgirl2008Quote from sweetlilwolfMangofruit, the one who just got hired, is a new grad ADN. So new grads are getting hired somewhereThe thing is though they arent really hiring New nurses (new grads)... there is so many nursing schools in wisconsin the areas gets flooded with new nurses... you have 5 plus years experience... so its completely different... like comparing apples and oranges. its just harder to get a position as a new graduate.
- Sep 29, '12 by doodledomeI am actually back in school for my masters and we had a discussion the other day about this with one of our instructors who is a bigwig at one of the major hospitals. Apparently all the hospitals in MKE are looking to hire BSN prepared nurses and are going to start phasing out ADNs. Just a heads up if thats what you have I can see how it would be harder to find a job and if you have no experience and are BSN good luck as well. There are so many nursing schools in milwaukee the hospitals around here have their choice of the creme of the crop graduates.