Moving to Milwaukee?Register Today!
- by tcmarshall Jul 9, '10Hello all,
I am looking at moving to Wisconsin and have already interviewed with Columbia St Mary's and Froedtert. That being said I have never worked or lived in Wisconsin. I would be grateful for any advise about either hospital or moving to/living in the Milwaukee area.
- Jul 10, '10 by goodstudentnowRNI want to move back to Wisconsin too but I have not gotten a job as yet. Wisconsin is a very good place to be especially for children. Clean, quiet communities. Food is not as expensive as here in Florida. Insurance premium is low. Give it a try, it will be well worth it.
- Jul 10, '10 by cnmbfaMilwaukee is a wonderful city, with plenty to do especially in the summer. Downtown is doing well, with lots of new condos, restaurants, etc. Lovely parks and beaches along the lake, festivals every weekend. It is clean, safe, affordable, and fairly friendly with midwestern values. Even the cost of living and traffice are quite reasonable. If that isn't enough, downtown Chicago is a 90 minute train ride away.
Especially if you are downtown or stay east of the river, you will be fine. The east side and areas around Columbia-St. Mary's are full of young places and night life and are generally quite safe. Same for Wauwatosa.
Summers are really nice, gets uncomfortably hot only once in a while. The winters can seem a bit long, but are not unbearable; just buy a good coat.
I think you will be glad you came here, and find it a pleasant surprise (I did.) Good luck with your new life.
- Jul 12, '10 by evolvingrnCongrats my friend works at columbia st. Mary's and loves it. i think they are opening a new hospital soon
I love the midwest~!
- Jul 12, '10 by luvbug080688my brother works at csm-o
and they are combining 2 of their hospitals...csm-c and csm-m into the downtown-ish hospital in october/november.
- Jan 20, '11 by Agent TMilwaukee is a GREAT city. Lots of fun things to do in and around downtown
It has the advantage of being a big city, without the big city problems.
What type of position are you looking for? Full time, or per diem?