Anyone from Gateway Tech? - page 2
by marizires 4,363 Views | 20 Comments
Hi - Is anyone waiting for accetance letter from Gateway?... Read More
- 0Aug 27, '08 by badgerbabe287Nurse techs work alongside the RN, like a CNA. We do a lot more than i ever thought i would be doing such as taking blood (phlebotomy), charting, and telemetry/heart monitoring work.
I have also been checking the mail waiting anxiously; no call or letter yet. Good luck to you!!!
- 0Aug 28, '08 by mariziresYour job sounds very interesting! You get to learn and do many exciting things. I imagine all that experience will become very helpful when you become a nurse...good for you !
I still haven't heard anything from Gateway, I wonder how much longer. I was really hoping to have something by now. Keep waiting...
- 0Nov 2, '08 by belle005So, did you end up getting in? I am at Gateway too and applied to Burlington this time. I didn't get in and am very frustrated about it. I have a 4.0 gpa and the people telling me they got in are the weakest students! They get low grades, don't always show up for class, are copying off each other's papers. Grrr!!!! They also tell me they failed this or that and had to retake it. No wonder they've been waiting longer... they keep failing and retaking things. It's not fair at all. One girl I spoke to (a VERY lazy student) commented, "I got in this time, but I'll probably just end up failing out anyway." :angryfire
- 0Nov 6, '08 by GN DaveI also had a 4.0 when I was waiting to get in, but as you know, Gateway doesn't select based on GPA. Once I got into clinicals, I did just fine, while the people you are speaking of dropped like flies. You will get in, you will do fine, it's all part of the process, and then when it's over, you'll be an RN and those other people will be working for you as CNA's... that's just how it happens...
- 0Nov 22, '08 by rotteluvr31I'm in my third semester at GTC in Burlingotn. GPA has nothing to do with getting in to the program, just where you are on the list. Here is a hint. Come the beginning of January see if there are openings in any classes like Pharmacology or Fundamentals. I was able to begin as a part-time student a semester early because there were openings in the class and I approached the program counselor and asked if I could get into the class. They really prefer to run full classes, so that was how I started.
And one of the previous posters spoke the truth when they said that lazy students will drop like flies.