WGU RN-BSN in 1 1/2 years?? - Page 2Register Today!
- May 16 by paultxrnHello there. I'm interested in employment as a mentor and was hoping you could answer a few questions for me. I messaged you and hope to connect. Thx.
- May 21 by paradiseboundRNI don't know anything about that. I think you messaged the wrong person.
- May 30 by Conqueror+I believe the additional classes and the coaching of mentors to slow students down is very intentional. Many students were finishing in one term and bragging about it as "VERY doable" and that made the program look sub standard in their eyes. In their attempts to make the program harder and more lengthy they have really messed up. I have read complaints that additional classes are filled with disorganized fluff and mentors have become more rigid. They are also requiring you to take classes that you have already taken citing everything from the 5 year rule to the name of the course you took was physiology followed by anatomy and they require anatomy and physiology. They will become a less viable choice for students if they don't get it together and soon.
- May 30 by nursevicki66Conqueror, can you provide examples of how mentors are more rigid?
And yes, WGU is the only school that is not willing to accept my statistics course because it is more than 5 years old. All other schools are, including the one brick and mortar one I considered.
- Jun 1 by Conqueror+Refusing to unlock additional classes, directing you to harder classes first to "break" your momentum etc...anything to ensure that you take longer to complete your program. They also previously accepted my A and P and micro and now they want me to retake both citing no physical lab component. You're an online program and don't accept credits from an online college ? Yeah OK. The reqs change VERY often to the point students often can't help each other because they are all taking different things. They also changed the names of their classes making chat boards and fb groups more confusing.
- Jun 1 by featherzRNMy mentor is unlocking any class I want - currently I have five open at one time. She says she's willing to go as fast as I can take them. So I don't think it's any sort of organized plot, probably just mentor styles.
I do agree that not accepting a/p/micro is annoying - I am in the same boat there. But I'll take a week or two to redo them. =)
- Jun 24 by xstarsfallingxIf you have a proven track record of flying through courses, and your mentor isn't letting you move at your own pace, request a new one. My mentor is very familiar and comfortable with my pace, and I have never had a problem accelerating classes.
Also, you can access the course of study for classes that you are not enrolled in yet. You can also view the taskstream assessments through the CoS. Therefore, even if your mentor hasn't given you access yet, you can still work through class, start your tasks, and then just submit them to taskstream once you are enrolled. The only part you will have no access to are the message boards.
- Jul 1 by kdavid1I am interested in working as a Student Mentor at WGU. Do you enjoy this position?
- Jul 2 by skoolrnthis is not a thread about working as a course mentor.