WGU RN-BSN 11/1/11 startRegister Today!
- by fallinnstyle Oct 13, '11Who's starting WGU 11/1/11. I saw there was a thread for 10/1/11, figured we could start one for November.
Had my intake interview already, my transcripts have not been evaluated yet but am feeling the pressure to pay up by the 25th. Am afraid to pay then find my eval is unacceptable. (UTA and Chamberlain are my back-ups).
Depending on what the transcript eval says, I am hoping to get the BSN within the first term.
- 22,867 Views
- Oct 14, '11 by BetterMeRNJust got an evaluation today, I 've met all requirements except Nutrition. I'm torn between Chamberlain and WGU because of cost. I'm set to start Nov 1st with WGU, doing some more research until I make my final decision. I would love to complete degree in the first term
- Oct 14, '11 by nerdtonurse?Just finished the intake interview with Steve Pope. Bless his heart, I was half asleep, he probably thinks's I've got narcolepsy. One more call with him next week, pay the tuition, and I start 11/1/11. He said the shortest time anyone's completed the program is 3 months and 10 days. I wanna beat it, I love a challenge.
- Oct 14, '11 by fallinnstyleQuote from BetterMeRNSounds like we are in a similar boat. Have you had BioChem before? It sounded like from talking to the admission counselor, my general chem would not be enough and I would have to take BioChem. I am dreading it.Just got an evaluation today, I 've met all requirements except Nutrition. I'm torn between Chamberlain and WGU because of cost. I'm set to start Nov 1st with WGU, doing some more research until I make my final decision. I would love to complete degree in the first term
It may be reason enough for me to enroll in Chamberlain just to avoid doing BioChem.
My counselor said I should have my evals soon, but she kept talking about how there is a huge volume of applicants and transcripts received and the eval office maybe overwhelmed. idk
- Oct 14, '11 by luv2b_a_nursI am planning to. Had my intake interview. Waiting for transcript eval and FA package. Hopefully I won't have to pay out of pocket for the first semester as I get some tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness but not sure how it will work with their program.
- Oct 14, '11 by BetterMeRNI took an Intro to Chem class as well, satisfied the Biochem requirement. I'm very happy with that, my counselor said I should be done one year or less.
- Oct 15, '11 by SweettartRNFacebook Group is now up and running. Feel free to PM for the group name or search WGU RN to BSN Discussion Group
- Oct 15, '11 by TiffanyRN!!BetterMeRN what kind of degree did you receive from Excelsior also did you complete A&P, micro through a CC or excelsior? Trying to decide myself also.
- Oct 15, '11 by ChickoI'm starting 11/1 also. Can't wait to get this done. My transcript has been reviewed and intake interview is done so the only thing I need to do is pay and I will do that on the 25th. My personal deadline is to complete it in a year but if I can get it done in one term that would be extra sweet.
- Oct 15, '11 by BetterMeRNI got an AS degree, not AAS. I completed my sciences at a local college. I have another degree, which I completed Chemistry. I don't know why Nutrition is a requirement here, it just seems so unnecessary.