WGU RN-BSN 10/01/11 start...anyone with me? - Page 7Register Today!
- Sep 16, '11 by AngelaRNof 4did your course description state in it that there was lab included, because my A & P descriptions says it but the microbiology description does not even hint that it has a lab and i know i had lab because i absolutely hated microbiology lab
- Sep 16, '11 by Tarro-RNQuote from AngelaRNof 4They said that you have do do both for micro, no doing only the lab. Lab only for A&P. I did the exams for both with excelsior.are they just making you take the lab for micro or both Tarro-RN
- Sep 18, '11 by ReggaeRNI am also planning (HOPING) to start October 1st... I am doing the RN-MSN Education track (getting my BSN in the process). I skimmed over this and there were a lot of concerns about transcripts, and I am also waiting for mine to be evaluated. My COLLEGE transcripts (two community colleges - one I did my AAS in Nursing at and the other that I took a few prereq's at) are sitting there waiting because my AP Calculus score from the College Board hasn't been received (which was the reason I didn't have to take any math for my AAS so they need the score for all math requirements).
If this helps, my counselor said that they received some several thousand (I think like 2000-3000 or maybe it was more) transcripts last week. Depending on your start date, that is when they evaluate your transcripts. So, if you are planning to start 10/1/2011, your transcripts (when received in completion, which is why mine are not yet evaluated) are flagged with priority status and will be evaluated by 9/25/2011 so they can then discuss your plan of study for remaining coursework needed to graduate.
I'm excited... the emails that they send for tuition are somewhat automated, and my counselor flat out said "Ignore the emails you get about paying tuition and such because you're paying with financial aid" (I'm doing loans through financial aid). She has been incredibly fast in responding to me - every time I've called, she's either answered or called me back within like an hour. If there was anything we talked about on the phone that she was going to email me things relating to the conversation, most of the time the emails are there before we hang up! And she responds to my emails immediately (during business hours, of course) as well. I couldn't ask for someone more helpful and awesome - I hate to lose her when I get my advisor or whatever they assign you when you actually start classes!
I will keep watching this thread - looking forward to hear how everyone does with this because the competency-based thing is completely foreign to me! Anyone who has completed this program, it would be awesome to hear how it was, what time frame you completed it in, any tips or advice!
- Sep 18, '11 by KrysyRNI shouldn't be a pessimist, but I'm kind of losing hope of an Oct. 1 start date, esp if they are evaluating that many transcripts. I don't think I can get approval from my employer for tuition reimbursement by the 25th at this point. ahh well...
- Happy update, I do not have to take microbiology.Thank God, i really dislike that class. Anybodyelse appealing any transcript evaluations?
- Sep 19, '11 by ladsideQuote from AngelaRNof 4Me!!! They did my eval without even noticing that I was an RN!I just received an email saying that she will make sure the appeal is underway, which should have been underway last week!!!! I was sent an appeal notice without ever receiving results of the evaluation that suggested the appeal!!!!! And my start date is for October 1st. My financial aid is already there...I've looked at it but will not accept one penny of the award for them when I can't even get the darn evaluation done, pardon me, evaluation and RE-EVALUATION done!!! Now my happy-go nature has happily gone!!!Happy update, I do not have to take microbiology.Thank God, i really dislike that class. Anybodyelse appealing any transcript evaluations?
- I'M a little confused on that one, what program did they think you were applying for?
- I'm a little confused on that one, what program did they think you were applying for?
- Sep 19, '11 by ladsideQuote from AngelaRNof 4My question exactly!!!!! I'm still fuming about it!!!!I'M a little confused on that one, what program did they think you were applying for?
- Sep 19, '11 by metroishkaIt's official! I am a WGU student in the RN-MSN program beginning October1st! I had my intake interview today, which is just verifying personal information, answering any questions I had and making sure I understand how the program works.
I am not pleased about having to take Foundation Math and English, along with 2 other English and 2 other Math courses, but I am thrilled that I don't have to take Biochem, A&P, or Microbiology.
The enrollment counselor told me to do something nice for myself cuz I will be VERY BUSY after Oct 1st. GULP, think I just upset my happy quiet little life!