WGU RN-BSN 10/01/11 start...anyone with me? - Page 4Register Today!
- Sep 12, '11 by KrysyRNQuote from metroishkaI'm wondering if I should be a little proactive and get course descriptions for these classes as well. My transcript does not show that there was a lab component for A&P and Micro. I'm thinking it might be an issue..I did hear from them again today, after sending them course descriptions for my science courses and they have re-evaluated and given me credit for A&P and Microbiology
- Sep 12, '11 by metroishkaI would definitely be proactive and get those course descriptions if you can. I emailed someone at my CC ADN program and she emailed me the course descriptions the next day and I just forwarded those to WGU.
One of the holdups on my transcript eval was the issue of the CLEP tests on one of my colleges' transcript. Since there was no explanation of the CLEP score, they apparently just stopped reviewing both of my transcripts, which I didn't know until I called my enrollment counselor after waiting 2 weeks. THey wanted me to send a formal notice requesting the math and english be dropped off that transcript before they would evaluate the rest of it. Didn't make sense to me, but I did it and it moved more quickly after that.
Bottom line, keep in touch with your enrollment counselor, especially if it's been over the 10 days they say they need to do the transcript review.
- Sep 12, '11 by MayeLVNI was just wondering...what is the passing rate of this school. I saw on their website of their first pinning in 2010 and yet none of the 5 graduates have gotten licensed here in California.
- Sep 13, '11 by kloneQuote from KrysyRNI did the same thing as Metroishka, and got full credit for Micro and A&P. That seriously would have been the deciding factor of WGU or another program, if they hadn't given me credit.I'm wondering if I should be a little proactive and get course descriptions for these classes as well. My transcript does not show that there was a lab component for A&P and Micro. I'm thinking it might be an issue..
- Sep 13, '11 by AngealWingsHey all,
I am new to this topic. Let me start with a little introduction about myself. I'm a new grad. RN with an ASN degree from CA and I'm looking into online school to get my BSN/Master degree in nursing. There is a possibility that I am going to relocate to New York. Does anyone know if it's ok that I start WGU BSN program in California and still able to continue with the program if I moved to NY? It's online... does it matter where you live? Also, is there certain number of clinical hours to be completed? If I moved, will they hook me up with clinical facility in NY? I'm still trying to get a job in a hospital without much luck so I am not affiliate with any hospitals. Please advise. Thanks.
- Sep 14, '11 by RNwabestI'm droping from chamberlain to WGU too,the school is good but the cost is too much .
- Sep 14, '11 by Tarro-RNHey! I finnally got back my transcript evaluation, and spoke with my advisor. In addition to the Nursing courses, I would need: 1- foundations of college math, 2&3- language and communication research and presentation, 4- college algebra, 5- statistics, 6- behavioral science survey, 7- nutrition, 8- biochemisty, 9- a&p lab only, and 10- micro and lab (as apparently you cant seperate the two). Ahhh!!! Still even if it takes 2 semesters, it will still cost less than half of chamberlain, and I don't think that it can take longer. Would still love it if I could finish in 6 months (great birthday present). Now just need them to schedule intake interview....
- Sep 14, '11 by KobiezMaMy intake interview is scheduled for tomorrow but I haven't heard anything about my transcript eval. How long did your transcript eval take? Did they keep you in the loop throughout the process?
- Sep 14, '11 by Tarro-RNQuote from KobiezMaI had to keep calling their office, it doesn't seem as though they just offer information without alot of follow up. I sent my transcripts a little under a month ago.My intake interview is scheduled for tomorrow but I haven't heard anything about my transcript eval. How long did your transcript eval take? Did they keep you in the loop throughout the process?
- Sep 14, '11 by KobiezMaThey haven't had my transcript that long but my enrollment counselor said as long as they got it by 9/19 I could start 10/1. She better hope they don't hold me back lol