- 0Sep 13, '11 by Lisa1980Ok, so finally I officially started the MSN program. Someone in the school dropped the ball and took over a month to get it right. So I am back on track.
Anyone else out there currently doing the MSN in Leadership and Management?
- 7,776 Views
- 1Sep 13, '11 by metroishkaHi Lisa, your ears must be on fire- several of us have been wondering what you're up to. Glad to hear you're on track for the MSN- did you originally sign up for the RN- MSN, or did you just sign on for RN-BSN in the beginning? I want to do RN-MSN, but do want to get the BSN in the middle. WGU has been kind of slow getting the transcript review done for me, but that is done now, so I think things will move faster.
Keep us posted on your progress and any helpful WGU tips and tricks!
- 0Sep 13, '11 by Lisa1980lol, awesome! Don't get me wrong I enjoyed a break. I finished the BSN on July 31st. But someone in the school just put my paperwork in a stack of forgotten papers and finally yesterday I got my first course added for the MSN. Originally, I signed up for just the BSN, but pretty much within the first month I knew I would go straight on for the MSN. I did the transition they offer. It's up to you if you want to get the BSN in between. I'm kinda glad I did. Not sure it really makes a difference. Once the transcripts get cleared the ball starts to roll and it will move faster. They do have a slow process. Patience is something I had to work on while waiting for grades. I'll keep ya and my followers (LOL) posted on my status. Good luck, if you have any questions or need to vent PM me!
- 0Sep 14, '11 by RN2MSNasapHi Lisa;
congrats on finishing your BSN! I am starting (BSN) October 1st and hopefully when done will go for the MSN in education...I am still going back and forth between WGU for that and brick and mortar...I dont know...anyway If you do not mind me asking how long did it take for you to complete the BSN at WGU? I am just trying to figure out how long it will take me..I am wondering if it is doable in one term while working full time....thanks in advance for any info and congrats on starting your MSN!
- 1Sep 14, '11 by Lisa1980RN2MSN,
It only took me 3 months. I work full time as a Hospice RN case manger, I am a mother to one, and a wife. I made up my mind and dedicated a lot of time to school those 3 months but I was determined to get it done. It is doable in one term!!
- 1Sep 14, '11 by Lisa1980Sweettart, I asked a couple of people I worked with and got lucky with one. then I asked the my old place of employment that I still kept in touch with. I had the researcher and one other one. If you can't find anyone; email the course mentor and let her know. She will send you the rest. I only had two and she sent me the others. Good Luck!
- 0Sep 14, '11 by SweettartRNQuote from Lisa1980Sweettart, I asked a couple of people I worked with and got lucky with one. then I asked the my old place of employment that I still kept in touch with. I had the researcher and one other one. If you can't find anyone; email the course mentor and let her know. She will send you the rest. I only had two and she sent me the others. Good Luck!
I have found 3 so far from Craigslist, and was going to wait another two days to see if I could get any more responses. If I don't have them by Friday, I will definitely email her.
- 0Sep 19, '11 by dxbtocvgI am hoping to start in October or November with the RN to bsn...i am truly inspired and enthused to learn you did it in 3months!!! Doubt if I can pull that off but will def try to wrap it up in a month! I have my second interview today!
Hoping to do an FNP after this...still wondering if i should do MSN here and then a shorter post masters fnp cert or go someplace else for a regular msn-fnp
But i know i will be following your experiences with wgu's msn with a great deal of interest..Bravo on your amazing success!
- 1Sep 19, '11 by Lisa1980dxbtocvg, trust me the time will go by quicker than you realize. I just started the MSN course; and the first one is not exciting. Kinda boring... so i am getting off on a rough foot. I am still debating on doing the FNP. I feel like i have been in school forever so we'll see.....