I recently inquired about the Pre-Licensure RN program at Western Governors University (I'm interested in the CA campus) and I'm waiting to hear back from them. However, I'm VERY confused about the information on their website!
In one area of the website, it looks like they include all lower-division classes (such as English, Anatomy, Micro, etc) in their course plan, but then in another area, the following admissions requirements were listed:
"To be considered for enrollment into the Pre-Nursing Curriculum, you must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a current CPR certification at the Healthcare Provider Level.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation from your current healthcare employer.
- Submit official transcripts from all previous institutions that show:
- You have earned a bachelor's or associate's degree AND/OR
- You have completed the program admissions prerequisites in Liberal Arts and Sciences and Behavioral Sciences
- You have completed all nursing-related science prerequisites in:
- Anatomy and Physiology
I have an AA in liberal arts and have completed Micro, but not some of the other pre-reqs. It doesn't seem like this is a Pre-Licensure program if they expect you to have recommendations from a "healthcare employer" and have CPR certification at a "Healthcare Provider Level."
Has anyone been accepted into the Pre-Licensure RN program there (CA campus)? What are the ACTUAL admissions requirements? Thanks so much!