Just finished my BSN today 7/7/13!Register Today!
- by LindseyRN86 Jul 7If you have any questions ask, I will try my best to help. This program took me approximately 10 months to complete, and it wasn't easy. I feel that this program has prepared me for more nursing experiences I will encounter. It will also help me to complete my MSN through WGU more efficiently, thoroughly, and with confidence to boot.
- 1,634 Views
- Jul 7 by irish123Congrats to you Lyndsey!!!!! What tips could you offer that would make this journey easier for an older nurse like my self who has been out of school for many years. Which classes would you recommend together as well as classes that should not be taken together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Jul 7 by 2bTraumaRN2008Congrats Lindsey! I bet that is an awesome feeling...can't wait til I can say the same! How many classes did you have to take?
- Jul 7 by kloneCongrats!
Which classes would you recommend together as well as classes that should not be taken together.
- Jul 7 by LindseyRN86I had to take 12 classes. Really the only class I wouldn't recommend doubling up on is HGT1. That is the Capstone project and it is VERY time consuming. I slacked BAD I could have had my BSN in 6 months but I didn't take the time and really tried to ignore it I found that class to be the most challenging. I did take some classes at the same time, like biochem I would work on one powerpoint project and then work on QBT1 at the same time just alternating.
- Jul 7 by 2bTraumaRN2008Way to go.....that too will be done before you know it!
- Jul 8 by skoolrnIm working on my practicum and having a hard time finding 90 hours!!!! Im actually pretty distressed, I have about 30 hours and just dont know where Im going to find another 60! Im having sites agree to phone contact but not meeting in person.
- Jul 8 by kloneQuote from skoolrnWhat is it on? Have you talked to your mentor for suggestions?Im working on my practicum and having a hard time finding 90 hours!!!! Im actually pretty distressed, I have about 30 hours and just dont know where Im going to find another 60! Im having sites agree to phone contact but not meeting in person.
- Jul 8 by skoolrnAsthma in school aged kids and yes I got lots of good suggestions from her but either people are on vacation, or off for the summer, or just dont want to do a face to face meeting. Lots of other places are just too far for me to travel after I get done work. They are gone before I can get there. Community meetings are not scheduled for the summer. Believe me... if I knew then what I know now I may not have chosen WGU just based on the ridiculous restrictions for the practicum. I have until Aug 15!