Course changes at WGU starting 1/1/13?Register Today!
- by LoveToHike Nov 6, '12Does anyone know the changes that are being made to the courses starting 1/1/13? I've been told there won't be any course additions, but there will be changes made to the courses themselves.
- 6,908 Views
- Dec 4, '12 by PatMac10,RNI've heard this too. I've been told that the college Algebra Requirement may be dropped and Nutrition will be required to be taken at WGU. I am not positive though, you know how information can become misconstrued.
- Dec 5, '12 by Conqueror+I just received an updated transcript eval and you are right. Nutrition and biochem are required but now micro is req satisfied by degree. They also renamed two classes and added two 1 credit classes. I think 1 class was deleted but not sure.
- Dec 12, '12 by Conqueror+UPDATE: There are now 10 nursing classes and nutrition and biochem have been added. Algebra is not required but statistics is. Go figure
- Quote from Conqueror+UPDATE: There are now 10 nursing classes and nutrition and biochem have been added. Algebra is not required but statistics is. Go figure
So...I'm a little bit confused. I had my transcripts evaluated in the summer in hopes to get into the prelicensure BSN. All courses including stats, nutrition etc.. Were all approved with only micro pending. I just completed micro Friday and will be sending my transcripts in for that course tomorrow. Since I missed the last cohort, I was approved to start the LVN-RN program at my old school. With this said, I will now be looking at starting WGU for the RN-BSN in about 22 months. I was told originally that transcripts are good for two years from the date of our last evals. Is this no longer the case? In other words, is WGU requiring that we re-take previously approved courses with them specifically and no longer allowed to be transferred in?
Sorry for the long message and I appreciate any clarification.
- Quote from Conqueror+I am not talking about the prelicensure program if it makes a difference. I never took algebra but my eval says req satisfied by my ASN. The stats is still required.
oh no-I'm not referring to the prelicensure program either:-) This was just my initial application, but ended up taking a different route. I will be doing the RN- BSN once I complete my current step up program. I have algebra, stats and biochem. Just don't want to have to take them again.
I have an email into my advisor, so we'll see what may have changed with regards to my transfers.
Thanks for your time and happy holidays!