Starting Davis & Elkins with Wifey in Aug. - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 7, '09 by XYnurse2BI'm the original poster on the thread. And I'm now happy to say that we'll be graduating in 5 weeks!!!!! I'd be happy to give you any info/lowdown/inside scoop you need to know. Unfortunately, we have a test tomorrow in MedSurg and I'll be studying all day. I think I'd prefer to send it to your personal inbox too, so that I can just be totally open without worrying about stepping on any toes. Congratulations on your acceptance. Bottom line is if you APPLY yourself and don't expect things to be "handed over" to you, D&E's program will prepare to become a nurse.
I look forward to answering your questions.
- Apr 7, '09 by chloesmommy725Congratulations on your accomplishments! I would love to hear any advice or insight you have! I would also love to hear your thoughts or experience on how employeers respond to you as a graduate of d and e. How's your job market looking now that you are close? Are you staying in the area or moving out? I will most likely be commuting an hour there and I do expect hard work!I just know that in two years I want to be a nurse so whatever it takes!Last edit by jb2u on Apr 10, '09 : Reason: Removed email address. TOS Violation
- Apr 14, '09 by XYnurse2BThanks for the good wishes! We will be moving from W.V. We've been looking primarily in Texas, though have options in Virginia and Georgia as well. Things are still playing out. As far as D&E, we chose the school for the instant admission and rapid entry into nursing... not for it's stellar academic record. We are satisfied with the preparation we have received to become nurses, though wouldn't say we're in awe of the program. Bottom line, it's a very personal education which prepares you fairly well for the NCLEX. Lot's of $$$$$, but the extra 2 years of working instead of being on a wait list somewhere else offsets the extra dough. Elkins has been rough for us, not exactly our cup of tea... but we know in the long run, it'll have been worth it.
- Apr 16, '09 by barefootladyThanks for the reply. I am not a big fan of Texas for many reasons, I think the culture shock would be overwhelming for me. LOL!
I understand why Elkins may not be someone's favorite place. Where ever you and the wife end up I wish you luck and blessings. Let us know where you land.
- Aug 10, '11 by Andrey78Hello nurses!!! I am LPN for now,in few months i will start RN prgramm and DAVIS&ELKINS university. Any suggestion about school and teachers? than you