Schools in or near HuntingtonRegister Today!
- by labchic Nov 16, '09Does anyone know of any nursing schools in or close to Huntington? I know that Marshall Univ. is there, but are there any other schools in the area? I live in another state right now and I'm testing the waters for Huntington because my sister lives there. Any info would be appreciated!!!
- Nov 17, '09 by Hands&FeetSt. Mary's Medical Center in Huntington has a diploma program. http://www.st-marys.org/careers_edu_son.php
Ashland, Ky is pretty close and has an ADN program. http://www.ashland.kctcs.edu/Academi...y/Nursing.aspx
A little farther out is Shawnee State, Kentucky Christian, and Rio Grande . . .
And, depending on how far you are willing to drive, there's Kanawha Valley CTC (formerly WV State CTC). http://www.wvsctc.edu/node/167
Hope this gives you a start!
- Nov 17, '09 by labchicThank you so much!! It does help me
- Jan 18, '10 by redhead_NURSE98!I know I'm very late to the party here, but the St. Mary's program is not a diploma program, it is a cooperative associate degree program. You earn an associate degree from Marshall University. I'm in my third semester there now.
There is also Cabell County Career Technology Center http://ccctc.cabe.tec.wv.us/ and Collins Career Center http://www.collins-cc.k12.oh.us/, both of which have a LPN program.
- Jan 18, '10 by Hands&FeetSorry about that! I noticed after I posted that it was an associate program, but I was too lazy to edit.
I'm not sure why I had it in my head that it was a diploma program. BTW, I've heard nothing but great things about it - Congrats on being a part of it!
- Mar 8, '10 by Streamline2010University of Charleston, in Charleston.