LEGAL NOTICE TO THE FOLLOWING ALLNURSES SUBSCRIBERS: Pixie.RN, JustBeachyNurse, monkeyhq, duskyjewel, and LadyFree28. An Order has been issued by the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota that affects you in the case EAST COAST TEST PREP LLC v. ALLNURSES.COM, INC. Click here for more information
No info on SICU. but here goes
1. former HCA facility, under subsidary of HCA at present.
2. poor staffing usual
3. lack of supplies normal
4. high cost of benefits
5. low wage scale
6. high stress level with little to no support from nursing administration
7. doctors so-so in skills, but very big egos, most are foreign born, some do not speak
adequate English after being here for years. GOD complex very evident.
8. when census drops call off of staff normal, if no vacation to cover, too bad for staff
but you will not be working.
9. mostly younger, inexperienced staff, most older experienced staff members have
been weeded out to keep salary and benefit costs down.
10. morale is lower than the bottom of your shoes.
Overall, the picture at this facility is not too good. Speaking from experience, you can be
a good employee, but when you need something, like sick time you have earned, they give you a hassle and it shows on the yearly eval. I would look to BARH first. They have their problems but they do treat employees better than RGH.