Need ideas for Nurses Week - Page 2Register Today!
- :typing sounds good to me. I've got a friend that is a massage therapist, now that I think of it! Wonder if she would do it for nothing? We'll see how good of a "friend" she is, ha!
- May 8, '08 by yogiRN2bI'm actually a massage therapist myself... you wouldn't believe how many calls I get asking for free chair massage. I only do it for charities. Massage is very demanding, and it's important to get something for your work. If your friend does it for free then cook her a nice meal or something to let her know you appreciate it. :spin:
- My heart goes out to massage therapists. We'd live in a painful world with YOU!
Next week in National Nursing Home Week so I'm going to see if she'll come out and do some at my facility!
Thanks again for the idea
- Hey, I just noticed this was in the West Virginia forum. Don't know how I got here, but I graduated and took my state boards in West Virginia! Anybody go to WVU in Montgomery? Used to be called WVIT. I'm working in TN now and loving it!
- May 9, '08 by barefootladySally,
I am a Tech nurse. Things are mixed up as ever there. When did you graduate?
- May 10, '08 by Mustangsally1Hi barefootlady, in answer to your question, probably long before you thought about Tech, giggle. 1979. How are things mixed up? I'm new to allnurses and I don't know what to say and what not to say.
- Too complicated to explain. Let's just say the old system of who you know instead of what you know is still alive and well there. Several Dean's List students, never a warning, never any word to them about performance will not graduate today from the nursing program. Were informed by email they did not pass last test, so since it was a comprehensive test for the semester they failed the semester. But, three other students are passing with the same grade. Strange! There will be trouble once again over this. The BON has camped out at this school several times, but this time I think they may have given the program the death blow. With 10 different nursing programs within 150 miles of this one who never seem to have problems, it just does not make sense to keep beating a dead horse here. So, did you do clinicals at MGH? Know Carelli, Murphy, Hinkle, Ms. Laird? So many people are gone now. From the area or are dead. Sad, it used to be a nice place to live.
I grew up on the doorsteps of Tech. So I remember Mr. Nelson and others. Uncle worked there, so did several neighbors, and no one went any where else to school unless you had big money. Tech was home so it was not scarey like going to Marshall or WVU. Do you ever come back for Homecoming? Sadly I never go. I watch the parade sometimes from my car but never go otherwise.
- So, tell me about nursing in Tennessee. Do you live close to the Smokies? Is Tennessee behind the rest of the nation like WV is? Strange, since I have a doctor in the family, who says he wishes the nurses in his state were as prepared as most of the nurses here are for work, I do not always understand how far behind we are. He pulls his hair out at times and calls me to ask if he is justified in expecting floor nurses to do certain things. Last time he called it was over mediport flushes and care. Big here, not so important there. Universal precautions are big here too. I just do not understand what the big deal is about washing your hands. Oh well, winding down now, so I guess these new ones will have to fight the battles. LOL!