Anyone go to Bluefield State College?Register Today!
- by dramaluvr Mar 16, '04Hello - I am new to the West Virginia forum - have been going to student nursing, but I have a question. Has anyone out there gone to Bluefield State - Beckley campus for the nursing program. I live in Lewisburg and it is about a 50 minute drive, but I am trying to find people to talk to as I was also accepted to Dabney Community College in Virginia, about a 30 minute drive. I only have a limited time to decide and I can't find anyone to tell me pros and cons. If anyone has gone to either of these schools and has any feedback it would be greatly appreciated.
- 1,374 Views
- Mar 16, '04 by jnetteNope... but it's a nice campus. I did go there for a Clep exam while in my nursing program... I live just across the line in Va.
- Mar 16, '04 by Marie_LPN, RNI need to get ahold of my friend Brad, he went to the Beckley campus for the nursing program. If i get ahold of him i'll let you know. I am considering the Bluefield State route myself since I might have to move back home.
- Mar 16, '04 by dramaluvrQuote from LPN2Be2004That would be great! I can't find anyone who has gone there and this would really help me decide. I have called the school to see if they have numbers, but they are on spring break and I have to make my decision this week. The campus there isn't much to look at, but I would like to know where they do clinics, which hospitals they go to, if the campus is more than it looks and how the teaching and grading is. I want to cover my bases to make sure I make the best decision for my family and I (two kids and a husband in medical school).I need to get ahold of my friend Brad, he went to the Beckley campus for the nursing program. If i get ahold of him i'll let you know. I am considering the Bluefield State route myself since I might have to move back home.
Thanks so much,
- Mar 18, '04 by kathywvI am living in Bluefield and don't know much about the Beckly campus but can tell you that Bluefield State is well known for there nursing program...they have a high success rate of grads that pass the RN Boards.
I have had the pleasure of meeting and precepting some of the Nurses from the Bluefield campus and they are all great clinicians.
I think that BSC would be a decision that you would not be upset with....
Hope that helps