WSU BSN Fall 2012 - Page 12Register Today!
- May 21, '12 by TristanNicoleI'd also say its hard to believe what you hear if it's not directly from the CON, when I was in your shoes I felt like counselors were just telling me what I wanted to hear and not things that were actual facts.
- May 21, '12 by Pleasant PTo help clear up a few things, I don't think Christina's letter was from the school of nursing! I am assuming that, because the same day she posted that she got in was the same day I got my general admission from WSU. Perhaps she did not realize it was from general admission and not the school of nursing! I personally don't believe they have sent out notifications off the waitlist as yet! I also totally agree with Tristan that there are several people who had chosen to go to another nursing program, so there has to be a space. They just don't want to give out information, because I can only imagine they are getting a ton of calls and don't want to get hopes up! Keep holding on guys!
- May 22, '12 by duncans2001Actually, I did get accepted off of the waitlist for the nursing program. I received a call last week and my acceptance packet came over the weekend. I know when I called prior to getting my offer... I was told the wait list had not changed either. I am assuming based on the waitlist letter, if you are getting a spot, they will call you first. Also, I am a transfer student from the community college.
- May 22, '12 by Pleasant PCongrats Christina... That is very odd then that they did not contact anyone else on here or someone they know! Perhaps there's just not a lot of spots! It's getting harder and harder to get into these programs! I read on other forums that the Spring semester is easier to get into... Don't give up guys and sincerely wish you all luck! What was your gpa Christina if you don't mind?
- May 24, '12 by Cassias78Does anyone know when we register for our classes, the acceptance packet said we would get info later, but I was just curious if anyone knew.
- May 25, '12 by Pleasant PThe packet said that we would receive information in July! All the classes are empty, so we will all be registering at the same time... Hope that helps!
- May 25, '12 by TristanNicoleYeah and you don't need to worry about registering right away, anyway...No more fighting for classes!
- May 31, '12 by Pleasant PHey Tristan, question for ya! How do you get placed in clinicals? Do they give you dates and times and you pick OR they just put you into one? Are all the clinicals on the weekend? And are the clinicals only when you have classes or do they operate year round?
Also, did you apply or know of any scholarships that are offered to nurses at the university? Do they offer different ones each semester? I'd like to know...
Thanks in advance!
- May 31, '12 by TristanNicoleYou will get your clinical/seminar assignment when you get the information for the rest of your classes. Clinicals are on either Monday or Thursday so the day you don't have clinical you usually have free unless you have seminar that day (sometimes your clinical instructor will make you come into lab or something).
Around November there will be a scholarship application due, if you google wsu college of nursing scholarships it should bring you the page with due date, application and questions, I highly encourage people to submit, there are a lot of scholarships and so by submitting one app its like apply for 50 or so different scholarship. The only bad part is you can't apply tell you've already started your first semester.
Hope this help!
- May 31, '12 by Pleasant POhh this helps a bundle! I was trying to wait and wait for the information, but I have to travel in the fall and trying to figure out if I'll lose my weekends (I know it might be different when I start)! I am just glad that clinicals are offered during the week, not sure where I got the idea it was only on the weekends!
Do you still have to do clinicals once you are out of school? Or the clinicals end when classes do?
I did see that I couldn't apply for the scholarship that passed in March, I was kinda sad, but was thinking it makes sense for them to know us first, before they give us funding. Thanks a mil Tristan!