University of Washington accelerated BSN summer 2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on University of Washington accelerated BSN summer 2013 in Washington State Nursing Programs, part of Washington Nursing ... Hello! I applied for the accelerated BSN October 15th and just completed my proctored essay...by Minnie13 Oct 19, '12Hello!
I applied for the accelerated BSN October 15th and just completed my proctored essay yesterday, October 18th! I live out of state so I had to do it at a testing center. Anyone else apply for summer 2013?
I was surprised at how easy the essay and math calculations were. It seemed like something a 6th grader could do...
The online informational slide show was encouraging. They said there are approximately 48 open slots for approx 96 applicants (at least that was in '11/'12). Those are better chances than for many other accelerated programs around the country! But I'm still nervous since the US News ranking listed UW #1 for nursing programs! That's great but I would imagine to make it very competitive.
Anyone else applying to other accelerated BSN programs around the country?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=793173©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,248 Views
- Oct 23, '12 by macrinaYes, I applied for the 2013 ABSN at UW, too. I liked the essay questions. Which one did you do? I did the mental health one. I was so glad the math was as easy as it was. I don't relish the next couple months of waiting, but I was very encouraged to hear her say that last year they made it through their entire waitlist - makes me feel there is good hope even if I don't get a seat off the top. I'm over on the Olympic Peninsula with a family and lots of local responsibilities, so it will be a real life-changer for my whole family if I get in. That's the hardest part of waiting to find out.
- Nov 5, '12 by ldytrjnHey all, I applied as well. I agree about the proctored essay being very easy. I chose the elderly patient myself. I was so nervous through it though. It was pretty encouraging that she said they went through the entire waitlist. @minnie she said that there were 48 slots & about 142 applied.
@macrina Did she say that we were supposed to get a preliminary letter saying that our app will or will not go through to the committee?
- Nov 20, '12 by celticsgirl17I heard we will find out in mid-December, do they interview?
- Nov 27, '12 by ldytrjnNo, they don't interview. They said they should get back to us the 3rd week of December
- Dec 13, '12 by danaraecHas anyone heard anything from UW yet? wishing you all luck!
- Dec 17, '12 by ldytrjnThe addmissions page says that decisions have been mailed. Best of luck to all
- Dec 19, '12 by intelligentqueen1I received my acceptance letter yesterday! 😊
- Dec 22, '12 by macrinaI was accepted as well. Now for all the logistics....
I am about 90% sure I'm going to take it. But I have a lot of figuring out to do with my family. I will be moving over from Port Townsend for the year.
Anybody else know if you're going to do the program for sure?