Seattle University BSN applicants 2012 - Page 6Register Today!
- Feb 23, '12 by margritamixHello everyone!
I applied to SU for fall 2012 as well, and I was just curious, does anybody know if there is a certain GPA that SU will accept people into their program with? I know that they will look at the applicant's grades and any other experiences, but I just wanted to know if they had a grade cut off as well.
Any help will be appreciated!
- Feb 23, '12 by JLoyaI believe the minimum GPA for the required pre-reqs was a 3.0 CUMULATIVE. I received a 2.2 in my Gen Chem course, but did WELL in the remaining classes. I am also counting on my experience in working with the areas under-served population in a high volume ER setting.
Now it just come to waiting for late march.... ho-hum....
- Feb 23, '12 by lovedogs31JLoya, you are right about the pre-req GPA requirement, but I wanted to add that the minimum overall GPA (for all classes) is 2.75. I am also hoping that lots of work and volunteer experience will make a difference. Decision should be complete by mid March according to SU representatives, we don't have too much longer!
- Mar 2, '12 by MissjohnsonI am nervous too.. 3.67 overall gpa and 3.78 pre reqs.. The wait is killing me!
- Mar 5, '12 by immysticlovedogs31 how r u holding up? I am a nervous reck lol. No matter how many times i tell myself that it will be okay i still worry. I check my status every week and visit this site almost everyday. Arrrgggghhh!
I keep reading your's and LEKA RN's post and it gives me hope. Like she said, we need just that one opportunity to get our foot in and after that I believe we can be great students and nurses .
- Mar 7, '12 by kaskoI got my acceptance letter to the SU BSN program yesterday. Anybody else?
- Mar 7, '12 by immysticCongratulations!
Kasko, tell us more. That was really fast. I called them the day before to update my phone number and asked about the date to expect the result and she said end of march-early april.
If u dont mind me asking, how was ur GPA and did u have any work/volunteer experience?
- Mar 7, '12 by margritamixCongratulation kasko!
Wow, you did get your acceptance letter pretty quickly. Would you mind telling us what your GPA is? I just want to see if I have an honest shot at being accepted. Thanks
- Mar 7, '12 by lovedogs31How exciting!! And yes, congrats on your good news. Did you apply as a freshman?
- Mar 7, '12 by lovedogs31Immystic: I am doing alright, thanks to school haven't had too much time to think about it! the nice weather we've been having in Seattle certainly has helped as well.