Seattle University BSN applicants 2012 - Page 18Register Today!
- Mar 27, '12 by melissa1446I haven't received my letter yet! When did you all get yours?
Last year they lost one of my transcripts in the admissions office after confirming they had recieved everything and never even moved my application onto the nursing school to be reviewed. I spoke with them a billion times and they admitted their mistake and waitlisted me because all the spots had been filled. I didn't get in off the wait list. I'm super anxious this year that something will go wrong with my application again, especially because I will have to retake some of my older prereqs.
- Mar 27, '12 by Pleasant PQuote from llexi88Hi Lexi, hold your head up! I just could not imagine how that must have felt, you tried so hard! You are what the nursing field is looking for! Did you apply to UW? Seems like that is the type of school that you need to be applying to that will look at you holistically and not just rate you on your gpa etc., With your credentials, you would be competitive for other schools...I didn't get in and it was my second time applying ;(
- Mar 27, '12 by melissa1446Also, are they doing big and small enevelopes? or all small?
- Mar 27, '12 by Pleasant PQuote from melissa1446Rejections are in small letters and acceptance in large letters!Also, are they doing big and small enevelopes? or all small?
- Mar 27, '12 by lovedogs31redbee310, have you heard back from SPU? It seems that both of us applied to only SU and SPU...I feel so defeated
- Lovedogs31- I havent heard anything from SPU yet. I think you have a good chance to get in off the waitlist of SPU since you are the second. As people said SU and SPU seem to choose applicants who UW also wants to choose.
- Mar 27, '12 by lovedogs31redbee310 would you go to SPU given the opportunity? I'm crossing my fingers for you..I know that SU was your 1st choice, but SPU's faculty have been so kind and the program seems really great.
- Lovedogs31- I know SPU also has a very great program, but SU is my first choice. I am still waiting for an opening spot even thought I was on the wait list. I am also hoping a spot at SPU as well, but I don't know what to do if I am luckily admitted to SPU, though. I asked the SU admissions office when I will hear back on the final decision. They said the staff will consider the waitlisted students sometime in June. But admitted students must deposit an amount of money by May 1st to confirm they will attend the program (I don't know how it works for SPU). Do you have any idea?
- Mar 27, '12 by MissjohnsonI had no experience volunteer or paid in the nursing field, I have my a a degree I am22 and an overall gpa of 3.6 because I had not done so well my freshman year. My nursing pre reqs are 3.78 and I wrote my letter about growing up in a diverse area where I experienced struggles and how I overcame a lot. I was pregnant my freshman year in college and ended up dropping out of school. It took me 3 years to repair my grades and finish pre reqs, I was waitlisted and when I called and talked to an advisor they said that a couple hundred had been waitlisted and a couple hundred denied and 68 spots given straight acceptance. I am hoping to get into wsu so this is plan b but it doesn't seem as if chances are too high of making it off the waitlist, especially if there were a couple hundred waitlisted. Congrats to everyone who was accepted, such an amazing thing, seeing as how only 68 of about 700 were given a spot.
- Missjohnson- what will you do next? Do you accept the waitlist invitation from SU or not? Do you get anything from wsu? Will you attend wsu if you are admitted? Good luck!