Seattle University BSN applicants 2012 - Page 14Register Today!
- Mar 24, '12 by redbee310Margritamix- you were not even wait listed last year? Did they tell you why you got the rejection? I haven't gotten anything today either. Do you know how many people will be in the waitlist last year? And would you mind to tell us your GPA volunteer experience?
- Mar 24, '12 by armynurse68It came in a big envelope with admission information. I wouldn't be too worried about not getting it today, the mail can take 2 days even for local stuff. I just got lucky I guess. I'm still waiting on UW, but I'm so excited to be starting this Fall.
- Mar 24, '12 by lovedogs31armynurse68- Have you heard back from SPU? I am having a difficult time getting a hold of someone from their admissions department regarding the waitlist. This whole application process has us all doing handstands and jumping jacks! Congratulations on SU acceptance, celebrations are definitely in order for you.
- Mar 24, '12 by llexi88I was rejected last year with a 3.1 I had no degree, I had a CNA license from the state but no experience with volunteer work or nursing assistant work, and I hadn't taken microbiology and I had a c in chemistry. This year I have reapplied, I have graduated from WWU with a Bachelors of Science in kinesiology have been working in a physicians office and have over 2000 hours of direct patient care there. I sent in a letter of recommendation even though it wasn't required. I met with a SU advisor to see what i can do to better my chances and she took notes and added it to my file for them to review. I got an A in microbiology and retook chemistry for an A-. And the only pre-rec I have a B in is anatomy and physiology. I sent in a letter at the end of feb expressing my interests and what I have done since I turned in my application and thanked them again for reviewing me. I think I wrote a pretty good essay it touched on everything they asked for in the essay prompt. I still have a CUM Gpa of a 3.1 cause u can only get it up so much after you have like 200 credits. I don't know what else I could possibly do! And I'm reapplying for the second time, I've been servos wreck I just want to get in! I can't wait till I hear back! What do you guys honestly think my chances are, the only thing I don't have is volunteer work, but in my clinic we work with an undeserved population 1 day a week. If I don't get in Is there anything else you think I can do to better my chances?
- Mar 24, '12 by immysticllexi88, from what I read, you show dedication and hard work. If I were one of the reviewers, I would definitely get you in. I think nursing is about hardwork, dedication, passion and you show all these qualities. I would like to say that I am pretty sure you would get in. I also like to be optimistic and add that I hope we all get in .
- Mar 24, '12 by Pleasant PHi Lexi, I read your information and I could feel that it was heartfelt and sincere! You deserve to be a nurse and be accepted into the program, because you got heart girl! I don't know if I would be so motivated after being rejected! I guess I would have to be in that situation to really know, but from this end... you are showing heart and I would definitely let you in if I was in admissions Good luck to you and to everyone!!!!!!!
- Mar 25, '12 by armynurse68llexi88, I agree with everyone. Your background shows heart and dedication. If I was on the admissions board I would accept you! My letter was dated March 23, so Monday will probably be the day most people receive it. Good luck everyone! The waiting game is almost over!
- Mar 25, '12 by armynurse68lovedogs31- I haven't heard back from SPU, but that was my 3rd choice with SU being my 2nd. I will let you know when I get my letter if I'm accepted or not. If I am, I will withdraw my acceptance so others can get in! Are you hoping for SPU over SU? They said they haven't sent out all the letters yet so maybe they are waiting to do that before they release information to those on the waiting list.
- Mar 25, '12 by margritamixQuote from redbee310Well, they did offer me a spot on the wait list last year, and I did sign up for it, but they basically just told me that they had better candidates (now, I am not sure what they mean by "better" but I am guessing that translates to more well-rounded students with higher GPAs). They were pretty adamant last year about not telling me how many people were on the wait list but they did say that I was pretty high up there, but I (obviously) still did not get in last year.Margritamix- you were not even wait listed last year? Did they tell you why you got the rejection? I haven't gotten anything today either. Do you know how many people will be in the waitlist last year? And would you mind to tell us your GPA volunteer experience?
Oh well, come what may
- Mar 25, '12 by immysticYesterday when I checked my mail, my tummy was all in turmoil and my heart so heavy. But when there was nothing from SU, believe me I was sooooo happy. I dont think if I could have taken a rejection yesterday but now I have an extra day to prepare myself for a rejection. This way it wont hurt that much when it happens. (What happened to my optimism, right?) lol.