Seattle University APNI - Page 6Register Today!
- Apr 3, '09 by thecatwebbHey Fellow Cohorts!
I am currently living in Portland as well and will be up in the area this week. I look forward to meeting everybody at The Ram on Monday. I am in the pscyh tract and am also a single mother...any other parents in the program? I graduated from Evergreen with a general science degree and think that SU will be a great fit for me. I will be living with my boyfriend in Capital Hill when school starts and am looking forward to moving to Seattle.
- Apr 4, '09 by jeccagoldOk folks. I've got a rough head count around 7 (from this thread), so I'll shoot for 10 people on Monday. I'll give The Ram a call tomorrow and see if we can reserve an area in the bar...otherwise I'll make a reservation for a table in the dining room under my name (Jessica).
What: ANPI 2009 Meet and Greet
Who: APNI acceptee Y-O-U! (and whoever you'd like to bring along)
When: Monday, April 6th, 2009
Time: 7PM or whenever you arrive
Where: The Ram
2650 University Village
Seattle, WA 98105
It's across from Crate & Barrel and the UVillage parking garage. It's also next to the Apple Store, J. Crew, etc. and pretty hard to miss.
I hope this works for everyone! If not, no worries, we'll be sure to set up future meetings closer to June (before orientation on June 17th).
I'll finalize this info with you all after I call The Ram.
Let me know if there are any changes!
- Apr 4, '09 by racheru77Hey all--
I'm in for the Ram on Monday! I haven't actually decided between SU or OHSU yet and am still waiting another week for Georgetown, so I would love all your input.
I graduated from Whitman College and spent the last 4 years living in Asia, and moved back to the US take prereqs and start nursing school! Very excited about everything and I'll see some of you on Monday!
- Apr 4, '09 by jeccagoldHi again,
The Ram doesn't take reservations, but I'll give them a call Monday and they should be able to hold a table for us.
Nonetheless, let's shoot for 7PM at The Ram in the UVillage.
- Apr 4, '09 by j450nCan someone speak about how competitive the program is? I am thinking about applying soon.
Many thanks and congrats to all!
- Apr 5, '09 by kgroI'd love to meet everyone, but unfortunately I'm not available tomorrow. I hope there will be another gathering. Have fun!
- Apr 5, '09 by kscherl -APNIGNPIm just wondering if we might have a hard time getting a table because of the NCAA Men's Basketball National Championship game that night (it starts at 6:30pm). I don't know anything about it, but my boyfriend said The Ram maybe packed! Just thought I might mention this - but if no one else is worried about it Im fine with sticking to our plans.
- Apr 5, '09 by LRSeattleHello,
Thx for getting this started! I live in West Seattle & am in the process of moving in with my boyfriend who lives by Northgate so I would be game to carpool, vanpool or bike in with others in the area. We can talk about that later. As for tomorrow night, I'm in - will arrive closer to 7:30. The RAM actually is a sports bar so it could be a mess tomorrow night. Another option in the U District is the bar/restaurant in the basement of the Hotel Deca (corner of Brooklyn & 45th). It's called The District. Here's a link to it: http://www.hoteldeca.com/deca_dining.aspx It's not a sports bar.
To the person who is trying to make up their mind between OHSU & SU, I went through the same mental gymnastics & would be happy to talk with you about your decision.
Looking forward to meeting you all!
- Apr 5, '09 by LRSeattle...that said, it might be easier just to stick to the original plan & just deal with the crowd if there is one. If the RAM will hold us a table, then we should be fine. see you there!
- Apr 6, '09 by Mike_DI'm planning to attend. If it's too crowded, there are a few other bar/restaurants in U Village or we could caravan to the U District.
Excited to meet everyone!