Clark College - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 10, '11 by Cbishop77That sounds great... I look forward to hearing about you experience... GOOD LUCK on your first day
- Mar 15, '11 by lilredrnQuote from future_anesthetistHave you looked into the requirements for getting into the CRNA program? I do know they require some time in the ICU (2 years I believe). I just graduated from Clark this December. I did my senior practicum at Legacy's ICU and had a blast. Can't get a job to save my life!!! It might be good to have a plan B. If you can't get ICU experience, CRNA might not be an option (I was hoping for this route myself, but am now looking towards NP) Good luck guys. I hope there are some openings when you graduate :\ I Will be starting at WSUV this Summer...gypsywillow: Yes! studying for that HESI test was stressful! I wonder if I know you, I'm sure I saw you at Orientation for Spring quarter! But yes, I decided to be a CRNA in high school and have just been pursuing that ever since. I MAAAAY apply to med school after getting a bachelors in nursing, I haven't 150% made up my mind yet. I'm pretty set on CRNA though, I've heard nothing but great things about the profession. It requires a minimum of 1 year of critical care nursing experience and it may take awhile to get a job in critical care. It'll be a long journey but hopefully well worth it!!!
- Apr 28, '11 by Cbishop77@ future_anesthetist
Hey I know classes just started this month, but I was wondering how you are liking the program..? Hope to hear from you soon and that you are enjoying your time in the program
- Apr 28, '11 by future_anesthetistI'm really enjoying my time so far. However, ive been on an emotional rollercoaster for the past 4 weeks that has consisted of feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, stressed, excited, scared, and even once doubting myself on becoming a nurse! So I don't really have an easy way to explain it.
Just really work hard and stay up on reading. That'll kill ya. Overall, it's pretty awesome!!
- Apr 28, '11 by gypsywillowhi! ok - so the roller coaster thing - me too!!!
these last few weeks have been tough! but i've been having a lot of fun - i especially thought the skittles project was cool! taste the rainbow! lol!!
but, yes, VERY STRESSED AND TIRED!! I came home from clinical yesterday and fell asleep around 5:00 and slept until about 11 this morning!
- Apr 28, '11 by future_anesthetistHaha wow! I wouldn't have been able to get outta bed! I've been getting about 4 hours of sleep a night for the past month I suppose nursing school will tend to force that on a person! I don't know what I'd do if I didn't quit my job!
- May 8, '11 by wannabenurse14Hello everyone, I am a pre-nursing student with plans of applying to nursing school April 1, 2012. I have a few "pre-req" to get out of the way. Do any one of you know anything about the A&P Summer session at PSU???? I plan to take my A&P via PSU, but would like some more info. Thanks!
- May 8, '11 by gypsywillowI don't know about PSU. I took my A&P at Mt. Hood. Good luck!!
- May 8, '11 by wannabenurse14Quote from gypsywillowI don't know about PSU. I took my A&P at Mt. Hood. Good luck!!
- Apr 16, '12 by SushiOConnorIs there anyone out there who's applied to Clark for Fall 2012, or the Winter/Spring sessions? I applied for the April 1st deadline (for Winter 2013). I think I had 40 points. Too bad they don't let you get points for the english pre-reqs if you already have a BS... Anyways, just seeing if there are any others on AN waiting for more word from Clark.