Bellevue College 2012 hopefuls - Page 31Register Today!
- Jun 2, '12 by downtonThanks RNJenn!
- Jun 2, '12 by margritamixI hope that we'll be able to hear soon about people getting off the waitlist and into Winter quarter! I wonder if there will be as many people getting off the waitlist as there were last year especially since there has been quite a change from Bellevue's admission policy this year.
- Jun 3, '12 by rnjenn14We had to pay our deposit by May 31st to hold our spot so I think they will start notifying people soon.
- Jun 3, '12 by downtonMargritamix, I'm sure more spots will open up. So many people applied to multiple schools, and a lot of the deadlines were fairly close to each other.
- Jun 5, '12 by uwthetaI'm in the program right now and they don't require the CNA course for work reasons, the CNA course covers all of the information that used to be taught at the beginning of the first quarter. They now have you take the course (cuz it's a great weed out as well - if you can't wipe someone's a** then you aren't nearly cut out for the job) as a prereq and it's honestly nice because by the time you start they throw you right in to doing assessments and actual 'nursing' skills with the idea that you have already mastered all of the basic CNA skills. During clinicals when you get your patient you have to do all of the tasks of the RN AND the CNA that would normally have that patient. You are not only giving them meds and doing patient teaching (rn's job) but doing all of their hygiene care (peri care, bed bath, changing linens) and taking vitals (tech's job). Basically you must know how to do everything, you won't gain much respect from the staff if you have to ask the tech's how to make the bed properly or how to do peri care (even worse if you just do it wrong without asking). You want to be seen as confident and knowledgeable and someone who takes initiative with sound nursing rationales but at the same time you have to be very humble and open-minded, you must respond well to criticism and try to defer to that person's advice and experience. There is pretty much a fine line between everything haha but it's all about balance. Keep your cool and trust your gut!
- Jun 6, '12 by hereshopingUWTheta, thank you for your input! I'm sure many others on here will agree - if you don't mind, please share some tips that you have learned so far!! Are you in first year or second? How grueling is your class/lab/clinical schedule? (I know, we're supposed to find that out at orientation, but would love to hear it from a student!) Any other advice to help us "newbies" coming into the program? Thank you!!
- Jun 6, '12 by downtonYeah, I'm curious about how many people work while going to school full-time, and if they had any trouble with it.
- Jun 8, '12 by CyndyRDHas anyone heard anything about the waitlist or moving from winter to fall?
I looked at the message boards from 2010 and 2011 and people were notified by June 2nd.
The suspense is killing me.
- Jun 8, '12 by downtonCyndyRD, why don't you try calling? I'm sure they know by now.
- Jun 10, '12 by margritamixI'll probably email Chie tonight about the waitlist. I'll let you guys know what she says.