Bellevue College 2012 hopefuls - Page 16Register Today!
- Apr 15, '12 by hereshopingIs anyone else heading down to the college tomorrow to do their ewrite? I'm thinking of it, just to get it over and done with. Not a fan of writing essays, but just finished up Eng 201, so hopefully that experience will help. I've only found one sample prompt anywhere online (about whether to extend school days or to have school throughout the summer). Has anyone found any other sample prompts? I'm not fond of having to rely on one single prompt - there are topics that I get that just tend to give me a serious case of writer's block! Yikes! Oh well, hopefully that won't be the case with this test!
- I might try to find a few sample prompts before I go in. I'll probably get it over with this week though.
- Apr 15, '12 by jammin_jewelI am thinking about going in on Thursday to give me a little more time for practice.
- Apr 15, '12 by Cura te ipsumAccepted for BC Fall quarter ADN program pending acceptable score on writing test.
- Has anyone taken the test before?
- Apr 15, '12 by BeeDubI think I will go on Thursday to take the test as well. It's making me nervous, but I keep telling myself it should be easy... I hope so!!!
- Does anyone know where to get practice prompts or anything? I'd love to meet up and try my best to review (though I'm not sure how to go about that).
And do we write a full essay? Or is it a multiple choice test similar to the writing portion of the TEAS? I was under the impression it was the former, but I'm not sure how fast we'd get our grades back, if that's the case.
- Apr 15, '12 by margritamixQuote from Cura te ipsumCongrats on getting in! Do yoiu mind if I ask what you got on the TEAS? I still haven't received a letter and I just want to get a feel for the scores that are being accepted for Fall and Winter quarters because I feel that right now I can be either on the waitlist or be accepted for the Winter quarter.Accepted for BC Fall quarter ADN program pending acceptable score on writing test.
Any reply helps! Thanks guys
- My letter was dated April 13th, so they JUST went out. You'll probably get it tomorrow.
- Apr 15, '12 by hereshopingDownton, if you go to bellevuecollege.edu and type compass ewrite in the search field, it will bring up some information. There is a sample prompt there, and it's the only sample prompt I've been able to find. You can also google compass ewrite and get to the website - there's information on the website about the scoring. Yes, it is an essay, and apparently there's some sort of automated scoring engine (not a clue how that works!!) but we are supposed to get our scores instantly. The prompt is supposedly about an issue and you need to write a a persuasive paper about what side you take on the issue. It's not about the side that you take, but the way you write. On my letter, it says we have to score a 7 or higher, but on the site, it says 8. I'm REALLY hoping it's scored on the 1-12 scale and not the 1-8 scale!!!