University of Washington SoN Fall 2013 - page 27
by OBrienMP 72,174 Views | 470 Comments
Anyone applying to the UW SoN for fall 2013? Anyone else FREAKING OUT about it like I am?... Read More
- 0Mar 14, '13 by ericseitzThe past five years have been crazy and full of stress, but having faith that it will work out eventually is what I'm banking on
I also have had to go through many hoops similar to what you said, as well as stuff from my past which makes it super duper difficult to work out. I feel your pain and you absolutely arena future nurse. Stay cool.
- 0Mar 15, '13 by Ladybug031302Quote from SaraFutureNurse?Oh Sara...... What a headache!! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. Hopefully, your SoN app is just fine and UW can fix the undergrad mistake that THEY made. It's hard not to get discouraged and I agree with your "hoop jumping" assessment. It's so much more difficult than it should be. Granted, there's got to be a way to weed out the unfit candidates but for people who've been determined for years, taken the appropriate steps, and demonstrated their intelligence and capability via grades and experience, it should be possible to get into a program. And the first try. Not two, three, four tries later.All I've ever wanted is to be a nurse, and I feel like it's been one hoop after another that I'm expected to jump through, and as soon as I do my "hoop jumping", there's a barricade taking one shape or form in front of me.
Sorry to whine. I know we're all on edge with this waiting game.
I know there's nothing I can say that is going to ease your worries. Hang in there!!
- 2Mar 15, '13 by hudabelleSpeaking of hoops and difficulties....
A couple weeks ago, after I was talking about the hoops, essays, applications, fees, entrance exams with more fees, payment to send "official" transcripts to 8 different schools etc..., someone told me if the nursing school thing doesn't "pan out" I should go talk to NASA about being an astronaut. Because it would be easier than getting in to nursing school. haha
- 0Mar 15, '13 by Just_keep_swimmingI'm getting bummed, so many other schools are sending out acceptance letters...just makes me worry more, did I show them what they were looking for? Am I going to be able to handle everything if I do get in? Will I even like my job as a nurse, lol, ugh all this uncertainty is driving me batty!
....off to eat my weight in thin mints & pizza
- 0Mar 16, '13 by Just_keep_swimmingAlright no more negative nancy posts from me, I got caught up with sadness & a slight hint of jealousy, sorry peeps! won't happen again!
Hope everyone has a great weekend & Happy St. Patrick's day too I'm off to work to fix some airplanes, hoping one day it will be people instead
- 3Mar 17, '13 by JLoyaAll I have to say is.....
F*** THIS SH**..... Nursing school sucks.... I love my program, but FU** THIS SH**...
I MUST endorse this program because it is amazing and I REALLY enjoy every class, but finals prep (especially for 2 quarters) REALLY SUCKS
Cant wait to see all of you...
Damn censorsLast edit by JLoya on Mar 17, '13
- 0Mar 17, '13 by Just_keep_swimmingI just laughed my a** off, sorry but after the goat rope of a night I've had in the cold a** rain & wind, this made me laugh, thank you JLoya!
PS I hope finals prep gets better for you & hope to meet you all soon!! Remember, one day at a time, keep pressing forward & you'll soon be done with that crappy final & 1 step closer to being done w/ school!!