University of Washington BSN Fall 2012 - page 3
by YoungIdealist 45,076 Views | 212 Comments
I'm surprised that this year I haven't seen any threads about people applying to UW's program. What's going on? Where are all the 2012 hopefuls? Reveal yourselves ;) Good luck to everyone!... Read More
- 0Feb 10, '12 by malprlHey everyone! First time posting on this site. I just got my email invite to write the proctored essay. Does anyone know what percentage of applicants make it to the proctored essay and how many of them are then accepted to the program? I swear I remember seeing some statistics about this somewhere on the internet, but I can't seem to find them now. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, as it seems from going through these threads from past years that a lot of people are invited to write the essay :-/
- 0I'm trying not to get my hopes up as well. I think those who are invited to the essay are individuals with complete packets and meet the criteria for the school. However, it's still an accomplishment and it narrows the applicant pool down. As far as the essay goes, I think it will be a critical thinking type question with a few simple med calculations.
- 0Feb 10, '12 by abaloneYeah! I got my email too! I think the majority of applicants get to write the essay. Be ready for about 3 math questions (basic computations +-/*) and a multi-part essay. They will give you about 6 pages of paper (3 for your draft, 3 for your final). Make sure to bring a good black or blue pen and your ID. When I did it for the ABSN application it was nerve racking but just remember to cover all parts of the essay prompt, explain clearly, and give examples (from your hands on health care). GOOD LUCK!!!!
- 1Feb 11, '12 by YoungIdealistWhen I saw the online info session it said that based off a 400-applicant pool, 150 get automatically denied and 5-20 get automatically accepted. So I'm guessing anywhere from like 250-300 people got invited to do the essay this year.
I'm glad I got the e-mail because from the moment I delivered the application I started questioning myself "did I do this right? Did I forget anything? Did I forget the transcripts?" etc etc even though I double and triple checked. Now I can rest assured I did actually send a complete application.
- 0Feb 12, '12 by Pleasant PHi guys, this is my first post and so glad to have company going through this. I am new to Washington, been here just over a year and got invited to write the essay! I did not have too many hours, but it was one heck of an experience and I got a lot from it which was reflected in my essay! I actually started losing confidence in applying, but my boyfriend sent into my application after I had given up on it and now I am here; can't believe it. I hope I can keep in contact with you guys since I hardly know anyone here! Here we go!!!