Shoreline CC point tally per quarter
- 1Aug 28, '11 by margritamixHello everyone!
I am currently looking into applying for Shoreline's nursing program and was just curious about the points system. For anyone that has been recently accepted into Shoreline's program, what was the total number of your entrance points? As it stands, I currently only have 89 points out of 115 because I am not a CNA and do not have enough volunteer hours to get more points on the system.
Any help will be appreciated!
- 1Hi there,
I spent a year at Shoreline taking me prereqs for the nursing program. I spoke with the advisors about a year ago and the lowest score was 100.3 for winter quarter. I've heard you need around 103 points to get in. You HAVE to volunteer or you won't get in. I volunteered at Stevens (now Swedish) in Edmonds. It was easy and you could get as much hours as you needed. I know that the average gpa is around 3.6ish? It is not as high as North Seattle because the science classes at Shoreline are BRUTAL! I had to switch scools to get my 4.0 in anatomy. Just keep in mind that Shoreline is a tough school and their nursing program has the highest drop out rate.
As I recall from the North Seattle thread your gpa was around 3.5? Is there any way you could retake a class to boost it up? I had to do that ...it sucks I know. Not all teachers grade the same and the anatomy class I took at Shoreline I think only one or two people got a 4.0.
- 1Aug 29, '11 by margritamixHello,
Yeah, I hear you. I already retook all of my necessary prereqs and I actually just have a 3.4 GPA. I am currently working in a hospital and volunteering as well. Actually, I just applied to North Seattle (and also did not get in) and their average GPA for fall 2011 is 3.9. I feel as if I might have a better shot at Shoreline just because they look at other things, such as work and volunteer experience, as admission points.
Oh well, I will just try to work as a CNA and volunteer more hours and just try in Fall 2012. If I still don't get in anywhere, I think I might just quit going into nursing altogether
- 1Have you tried Bellevue community college? Some one got in for this fall quarter with a 3.0 and a high tease score. I would try but I would have to take a logic class and I don't want to. I made the waitlist for North Seattle and will try again in the winter.
- 0No my gpa is 3.75 and I don't have the math needed for other schools. I scored a 92.59 on the hesi so I was really close. I want to get a 95/96 and I'm sure I'll get in.
I wouldn't give up on nursing! This whole process is so frustrating but it will be worth it in the end! I'm 41 and when I was in my 20's I took all my prereqs but then didn't go for it because of all the hoops. I've been kicking myself ever since!!
Good luck to you too!!
- 0Aug 29, '11 by tokmom, BSNQuote from margritamixWhat about Tacoma Community College?Yes, i will try Bellevue. I got a pretty good score with my HESI for north seattle so hopefully I will do well with the TEAS V for Bellevue as well.
Best of luck to you with getting into nursing school! Have you also tried going to other places besides North Seattle?
- 0Mar 17, '12 by _MORA_the lowest points they let in for fall quarter was 103refering to fall '11
108.9 points and the minimum was 105.5ish...last quarter the minimum was 108refering to fall '08
if you're at 105-110, you're definitely competitivestated in spring '09Last edit by _MORA_ on Mar 17, '12 : Reason: more info available