Seattle University BSN applicants 2012 - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 20, '12 by lovedogs31I think I will do that next week, since they're all closed down right now. I completely agree, applications have been the only thing I've been doing for the last month and I have only applied to two schools! I should have applied to more, but it has been really hard being in school. Im not sure how I'm going to last 2 more months of waiting, I'm already going crazy. are you from Seattle??
- Jan 21, '12 by armynurse68Seattle, Born and raised! You?
I kinda neglected my classes this quarter in order to finish my applications. Thankfully, its my last quarter before I earn my AAS and I'm just finishing up humanities and social sciences, so not a hard schedule. How do you feel about your applications? I have a really strong gpa and lots of experience, but sometimes I feel like that is not enough.
- I know! My friend who is wanting to apply next year met with an Su admissions counselor and was told that they received 500 applicants this year! Ah! That definitely scares me. I have a high pre-req gpa but pretty average/low overall gpa 3.2-3.3. I haven't ever worked as a Cna although I have my certificate, but I have tons of hours as a care-giver and volunteer. Honestly, I do not know what they are looking for so I am pretty nervous. I know they are very big on social justice, but their whole 'holistic' application approach means that they could be looking at who knows what! I live in Seattle as well.
- For* sorry my phone auto corrects everything.
- Jan 21, '12 by armynurse68Yikes! 500 applicants! That's more than UW got last year. Well, that just lowered my hopes a little. I have a 3.85 gpa but a 3.95 in my science so hopefully that helps. I've also worked as a LPN for over 6 years. Your volunteer hours will look really good I'm sure. A professor that teaches there said to include your views of a Jesuit education. They are also big on social justice which is easy to connect to nursing.
- Wow, you have tons of great experience for nursing! You sound like a great candidate, I wish you the best of luck. Let me know if you get any updates/news and I will do the same.
- Jan 22, '12 by armynurse68I will definitely keep you posted on any updates/news. Fingers crossed!
- Jan 24, '12 by tinman207Hey there! I also applied to SU this year, and I think the wait is going to be tough! You both mentioned you could see your application status online? I was wondering where you are seeing that at? Good luck!
- Jan 25, '12 by stephmazzI'm applying here too!
- Jan 25, '12 by lovedogs31Tinman- SU should send you an email with the link and your ID# for status updates. steph mazz, how do you feel about your application?