Seattle University APNI - page 14
I just got accepted to Seattle University's APNI program and was wondering if any of my fellow future classmates were interested in starting a thread of our own. We are about to embark on an... Read More
May 28, '09 by jeccagoldHi ladies and gents,
Just to let you know, the UW Health Sciences Bookstore is having an in-store wide 20% off sales event this Saturday, May 30th, from 12pm-5pm.
For those (like me) who haven't gotten a scope yet, it should be a pretty good deal. I'm gonna check it out and see if the prices are comparable to those online, and I will ideally be able to use my Alumni 10% off in addition to the 20% sale.
Let me know if anyone wants to check it out with me!
May 31, '09 by LRSeattleHello folks,
It was great to meet those of you who got together in ... was that April? Anyway, I have signed up for the CPR course for this coming Tuesday (12-3:30), June 2. Will any of you be there?
Jun 1, '09 by Mike_DPre-school checklist from Karla and Rebekah:
1. Health Packet - Titers, Boosters, Immunization Records ALL have to be turned in no later than the 23rd
2. CPR - It has to the BLS for Healthcare Providers course, and I sent out the "discounted" price for our cohort
3. Background Check
4. And on the health packet picture - It doesn't need to be passport picture, just something clear and not too old.. make sure it still looks like you NOW. hahaha
5. Attend Orientation - June 17th
6. Purchase a stethoscope that will allow to hear different heart sounds (ex. some steth's aren't as strong as others, hence you will not be able to hear irregular heart beats with a $1.00 steth...) lol.. Rebekah and I bought a dual lumen steth, since we're going to be working with moms and babies. (Littman Cardiology III)
7. Textbooks - SU Bookstore price for ALL (around $950.00+) Amazon.com price (I spent $515.00ish)
8. Scrubs and Lab Coat - Can be purchased at the SU bookstore, but Sabrina said we should hold off until orientation
9. Maybe start looking for COMFORTABLE shoes [Dansko comes highly recommended for this]
10. A cheap sphygmamonomemeter.. not too fancy just one that works ...
11. PDA or Smart Phone
12. Parking Pass or Bus Pass - Can be bought during the SU orientation (not the SUCON)
13. A Laptop - Dr. Carr really insists that we have one, especially for Pharm.. we're going to have TONS of notes and to be environment friendly, we should just bring our laptops with us during lectures instead of printing everyday and night for the notes
14. 8. Summer Qtr Financial Aid Application
15. Read chapters 1-17 from the Calculate with Confidence book (as suggested by Professor Chase) AND chapters 1-4 from the Pharm book.
Jun 8, '09 by jeccagoldhi everyone,
i hope you're all doing well and not going too crazy with all the pre-apni stuff we have to do!
i created an event for our cohort -- a last minute happy hour meet and greet before orientation.
barrio on capitol hill, tuesday, june 16th, 4:30pm to 6pm or whenever we decide to leave.
under facebook events it'll be "su apni 2009 meet and greet ii" so you could search there.
here's a link:
private message me or send me an email at jeccagold at gmail.com if you'd like to rsvp with me!
barrio capitol hill
1420 12th avenue
seattle, wa 98122
thanks and i hope you can make it!
Jun 10, '09 by jeccagoldI asked Sabrina to forward a message on to the APNI 2009 cohort about some extra details concerning the meet and greet on Tuesday the 16th so please check your email for the update! Thanks and I hope you're all well!
Oct 8, '09 by j450n, BSN, RNHi everyone,
I'm curious to know how you all are liking the program. I'm seriously considering applying for Summer 2010. I am appreciative of any insight you guys can give. Thanks!
Mar 19, '10 by shailyaryaHey guys,
I got accepted into the APNI program too. Was curious to know if I will get to see you all and my current classmates here? Reply.
Mar 19, '10 by shailyaryaAnybody out there ...APNI 2010? I will be happy to know you my fellow classmates before the craziness begins
Mar 19, '10 by jjsrn1, BSN, RNHi Shailyarya - Check out the Seattle University APNI -2010 Entry thread, also located on the Washington Nurses board. There you will find others who have been accepted/waitlisted for 2010.
Dec 29, '10 by lbigdeliHi everyone,
I have applied for APNI gero/adult track in Seattle U. I live in Seattle and waiting impatiently for their response. I know that they will review in Jan. and the interviews will come at Feb. anyone else in the same boat? I have a high GPA and have done all the pre-reqs. Does anyone know how hard is to get in to their program? Any interview tips if I hopefully get one?