Pierce College 2012 Heard back yet?Register Today!
- by DivineMissM Sep 21, '11Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone has heard back from Pierce college yet about an interview...? They said they would be contacting people the beginning-mid September. Maybe I just didn't get a call back about getting an interview, but I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything back yet.
- Oct 1, '11 by ksenakimHello, I received a callback on September 23rd, and know that some of the other applicants did as well.
- hi i am considering applying to pierce college, what was your gpa when applying
- Hello, I am nearly the end of my third qtr in the RN program at Pierce...when I applied, my GPA was 3.87.
- thanks for the reply really appreciate it
Have one more question, hope u dont mind.. what do you think weighs out when applying, i heard that the personal statement and letter of recommendation weigh heavy. i am in my last quarter for prereqs, taking micro, so nervous about the application
- Do you have background in healthcare?
- yes i worked as a medical assistant.
- That's good, I feel like a lot of people who never got call-backs were the ones who had merely taken the classes, gotten awesome grades, but had no medical experience whatsoever.
Write really good essays (take them to the writing center, have your friends/family scrutinize them), get letters of recommendation from people working in healthcare (doctors, nurses, etc.) or your instructors (Rowena Korpal did mine, she taught A/P at Pierce in Steilacoom), impress Mary Bath-Balough if you can if you're at Steilacoom (she is on the board of admissions). For the interview process, be prepared to answer critical thinking questions - not your standard, "Why do you want to be a nurse?" type qs.
- Aug 23, '12 by loveworkThank you so so much for the advice, you answered a load of questions that i have been asking around and it helps me so much. goodluck in your future you've been an awesome help.
- Sep 27, '12 by I'mherenowI have a question for "ksenakim" regarding interview questions. Can you please tell me some critical questions that were similar to when you went in for the interview? I know it's not really in depth in nursing such as what medication you would give to a patient? Are the questions like "what would you do if you saw a patient not breathing?"