New grad RN.where and how to start a career in SeattleRegister Today!
This is a discussion on New grad RN.where and how to start a career in Seattle in Washington Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... hello everyone! im a foreign grad at a university and also an RN in my country before i...by jylyn8 Jul 23, '10hello everyone!
im a foreign grad at a university and also an RN in my country before i mirgrated here..and i just passed my nclex-rn for california..
i have to transfer it here in washington and they say it will take for about a month or two...
i am currently working as a CNA in a nursing home for a year now.
i dont have any formal experience as an RN before..
i just want to ask if do you know any hospital that has a residency program for a newly grad/no experience RN?
preferrably around seattle area...
what should be my next step?
do i need any certifications or seminars?aside from the HIV/AIDS?
what should i do to stand-out from all other newly grad RNs?
im sorry i got too much questions...
im so confuse and anxious..i dont know how and where to start my career...
ANY HELP OR ADVICE WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED!
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
GODBLESS US ALL!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=493537©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,346 Views
- Jul 25, '10 by babyRN.Check out the Washington state board of nursing for requirements.
The new grad market is pretty tough right now because of the economy.
- Aug 24, '10 by seneykaWould you be willing to work in Tacoma? It's a long commute but St.Joseph is currently hiring on GI post-op med-surg floor.
Im working there for a year and loving it and my manager said she is currently having 4-5 openings.
- Aug 30, '10 by rebelraskal619Hey Seneyka i'm planning to move to the Tacoma area so does St. Joseph hospital have a website or a contact that I can apply for their current job openings?
- Aug 30, '10 by Perpetual StudentQuote from rebelraskal619The job listings for St. Joseph Medical Center (and the other Franciscan hospitals) can be found at:Hey Seneyka i'm planning to move to the Tacoma area so does St. Joseph hospital have a website or a contact that I can apply for their current job openings?
- Sep 18, '10 by jylyn8well if i dont have any other choice im willing to relocate in tacoma...
i have called them and leave a message in their voicemail but when they returned my call i wasnt able to answer my phone..
geezzee this could be my chance.i hope i find a job before holiday season..