Having a Patient Care Tech interview at the UW medical centerRegister Today!
- by RNmanou May 14, '10I have been working as a cna at a nursing home for nearly 3 years. I just got an interview for a Patient Care Technician position at the University of Washington medical center next week.
What questions should I expect?
- Good luck! I also have an interview at a hospital. Mine is on Wednesday. I already went through a phone interview and they ask you a lot of the standard questions (why do you want to work here, name a time you dealt with a difficult situation how did you handle it etc etc). I would guess that they would also want to know about your ability to work in a fast paced environment. I don"t know about you, but I currently work in assisted living which is not that fast paced, but just come up with some good examples of quick learning or something like that. I hope you get the job!
- May 16, '10 by RNmanouthank you!!! Are you applying in Seattle too?
- Yeah! I am applying to hospitals in Seattle and on the eastside. Did you apply for the float position at UW or for a particular department?
- May 16, '10 by RNmanouI appied for the candidate bank/patient care tech at UW. I already had the phone interview and was asked if I would interested on working day shift if hired. Where did you appy?
- Oh really? I applied there too, but I only saw a candidate bank for Harborview and the only position at UW med was in diagnostics or something. Maybe I'll have to check that again. So you had a phone interview as well, maybe that is just standard procedure for all of them then. I didn't know that. I wonder how much of a chance you have at getting hired after passing that and going to the on site interview. My interview is actually at Stevens Hospital up in Edmonds.
- May 19, '10 by RNmanouhow did your interview go?
I had mine with a panel of 6 people for all nursing depart. I think it was ok. They told me that it my take up to a week to get back to me. Dont know if i would get hired but it was a good experience.
- May 25, '10 by Larry77Does UW have patients? I thought they used Harborview as their hospital?
- May 25, '10 by RNmanouUw medical center is a hospital on his own too. As big as his sister hospital HMC. It is located by the UW huskies stadium. It was voted the 12th best hospital in the us as well as 1st best family medecine hospital in the US.