Endorsement from TX to WA... Need advice

  1. Hi everyone,

    I am an internationally educated nurse. I graduated from a foreign school 4 years ago. I currently live in Texas and I am to take the NCLEX-RN here. One of Texas requirements is to have at least 2 years experience within 4 years from graduation for them to issue a license (after passing NCLEX-RN exam). Without the experience, a refresher course is required. Recently my husband just got a job transfer to WA which requires us to move there. Because of the current situation, I'm now looking into getting a license in WA instead of TX. I believe WA doesn't require a refresher course or experience. My question is do I still have to take the refresher course in TX so TX-BON can issue my license and then endorsed it to WA? Or is it possible for me to apply/endorse my license in WA without getting a refresher course? Please advice. Thank you.

    (I just don't see the relevance of refresher course if I'm not going to work in TX anyway.)
  2. Visit crazyJessica profile page

    About crazyJessica

    Joined: Feb '12; Posts: 2


  3. by   wsuRN09
    Below is the web address to the application page for the Washington State DOH Nursing Commission. I didn't see anything about a refresher course but I only briefly skimmed the information. If you have more questions I would recommend contacting them directly. Hope this helps. Good luck on your NCLEX

    Nurse Licensing :: Washington State Dept. of Health