Bellevue College 2012 hopefuls - Page 9Register Today!
- Mar 29, '12 by margritamixSo, I just got off the phone with Bellevue's assessment office regarding the E-write and they did say that in order to be in the program we must score an 8 out of 12 from the e-write test. However, the person that I spoke with said that we do not/ cannot really prepare for the e-write but that we should not worry because it is not a very hard test (she even said that it's not nearly as hard as the TEAS). She went on to say that they are making people take the E-write test because they have been finding out that people who got into the nursing program do not know how to write essays and presentations well enough and they are hoping to weed out those people from entering the program.
Hopefully this bit of info helps
- Mar 30, '12 by hereshopingHi everyone - I'm also playing the waiting game - glad to have found people to commiserate with! I got a 92.7 on my TEAS, but only after spending a TON of time preparing with the study guide and practice tests. I e-mailed the office with questions about the E-write and was assured that qualified applicants would be contacted in the spring to take it. Has anyone on here done their CNA training with Kamanga? I was going to try A-plus in Bellevue, but it looks like they don't have a weekend option anymore. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts they would like to share about the program?
Best of luck to everyone - hopefully we get our news soon!!
- Apr 2, '12 by BeeDubWell it's April 1st! Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer. Great job on your TEAS, hereshoping. I need to do the CNA training as well, so I'm interested to know where I should go for that too.
- Apr 3, '12 by jammin_jewelLast year it wasn't until April 21 or 22nd that the letters went out! That's such a long wait!
- Apr 3, '12 by downtonDoes anyone know how people will be contacted to schedule the E-Write test? Phone, email, snail mail?
- Apr 4, '12 by Fishgirl1983I have no idea how we will be contacted for the E-Write. I am still not sure if that letter will come out before or after the actual acceptance letter................it is April and we haven't received anything in regards to that test, or at least I haven't.
- Apr 4, '12 by jammin_jewelIf you look at last years discussion board you see that they didn't hear back until the 21 or 22 of April.
- Apr 5, '12 by margritamixHello everyone!
I hope that everyone's keeping their cool as we all wait for news from Bellevue (although I do have to admit that I am just becoming a nervous wreck day by day as I check my mailbox ).
I just want to check in regarding taking Intercultural Communications, since it is a class that we have to take before we graduate from the nursing program. Is there anyone who will betaking this class this coming summer? And for those who have taken it before: is it a hard class? Thanks guys
- Apr 5, '12 by downtonI took Intercultural Communications online a while back. It was a piece of cake. I put little effort into the class, and still got an A. As long as you turn in the assignments on time, you'll be fine.
- Apr 5, '12 by Fishgirl1983Yup, very easy class. I took it years ago and I don't remember putting in a lot of work into it at all. We did have to do presentations in front of the class, but that is the only thing we had to do.