Bellevue College 2012 hopefuls - Page 6Register Today!
- Mar 17, '12 by margritamixwell, right now I am waiting to hear back from Seattle University (since we're supposed to hear back from them towards the end of March/ early April) and I also applied to Shoreline CC but I did not get in. However, I would really like to get into Bellevue so it's pretty much torture to me that I'd have to wait at least one more month to hear back from them.
Where else is everyone applying for school?
- Mar 17, '12 by jammin_jewelI am also applying to LWIT fall quarter. If I don't get in either place fall quarter (or winter for BC) then I will also apply to Yakima Valley or Everett. However, they are lower on my list because I would have to move to go to either of those schools.
- Mar 18, '12 by BeeDubHi everyone. I applied to BC as well. My TEAS score was 87.4%, hope it's high enough!
- Mar 18, '12 by downtonSo far, it sounds like all of us would have made it in last year. (I think the lowest score they took was about 85%.) I'm fairly certain we'll all make it in this year.
- Mar 18, '12 by downtonSo far, I've only applied to Bellevue. I took all my prereqs there and really enjoyed the profs in the science department. I'm hoping the profs in the nursing department are just as fun.
- Mar 19, '12 by margritamixQuote from downtonYes, but didn't they accept both TEAS 4 and TEAS 5 versions last year? I am not sure what the lowest score will be for acceptance because we did take a harder version of the TEAS test this year and this should affect the scores of the pool of accepted students.So far, it sounds like all of us would have made it in last year. (I think the lowest score they took was about 85%.) I'm fairly certain we'll all make it in this year.
- Mar 19, '12 by downtonFrom what I understand, they didn't go by the number score, they went by percentile, etc. They had some sort of formula to figure out what a score on TEAS 4 would have been on TEAS 5. I think someone asked about this at an info session, but I'm not certain. Anyway, I think the lower number scores were the version 5.
You should check out the thread for 2011 hopefuls. They went really in depth about this because it affected them more directly. I think I remember reading that they essentially added 5 points to the version 5 scores, though the formula was probably more complicated than that.
- Mar 21, '12 by jammin_jewelI can't believe we have to wait a whole month before we find out whether or not we got in! It's torture. Fingers crossed for all of us.
- Mar 21, '12 by CyndyRDDo they look at your GPA at all? From what I am reading above it sounds like only the GPA. I will be really bummed if we don't hear until May.
- Mar 21, '12 by CyndyRDMeant to say only the Teas test!