Bates Tech College LPN ProgramRegister Today!
- by ladynesh Jun 27, '11Hi everyone! I just got accepted into Bates Technical College for their LPN Fall 2011 class. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I am about to start looking for books and things...Is there anyone else out there who has been through this program at Bates or is starting? I hope so!!!:redpinkhe
I have to get my doctor to sign off on my immunizations b/c I was looking over the list and I have had all these shots done when I was in the military except the annual TB shot. So I have to take my old record to him and have him sign off while I get whatever new shots I need.
Also, I been looking online for places to buy my books from. I am going to start buying a few books at a time. Can anyone give me sites to check besides Amazon, textbooks, half/half....I even looked at Ebay & Craigslist for my area.
- Jun 27, '11 by ladyneshQuote from tokmomHi and thank you for ur support. That's what I'm trying to do. Idk how or what my step would be to get in touch of any of them. I really wish I could cuz that would save me so much money. I hope I'm there. I have a plan. I want to finish lpn then bridge over to rn then rn to bsn. Trying to get everything done b4 hubby transfers again.Are there graduating students you can get in touch with and see if they want to sell their books?
Congrat on your acceptance! I know one of the instructors and I have Bates students on my floor. I might just see you next year during your rotation.
- Jun 28, '11 by tokmomI think they are still around this week. I'm not sure when their last day is. I could ask if I see them the next two days that I'm on. I wonder if there is a bulletin board or something at the college?
- Jun 29, '11 by ladyneshThat's what I wondered but I was told they in a new edition already.
- Jul 1, '11 by tokmomoh, so the other books would do no good. That's too bad. Books are so expensive.
- Jul 1, '11 by ladyneshThat's what I said. I understand that they want us to get the most updated information, but most editions are usually the same give or take a few additions and a new cover. I totalled up my books on Amazon and they averaged around $405 and that's not including any add-ons that teachers may or may not do. That's why I am gonna start buying little by little now...
- Aug 15, '11 by joyousdgHi, I start Bates in September too but I don't know how to get the list of books I will need. They want me to have completed all of my immunizations etc. before I will get any more information. This is kind of a frustrating process. I have most of my stuff done but am now waiting for the results of my PPD and I think they want a two step, I will barely be done in time with that before starting classes. How did you get the required books etc. without having all of your immunizations in?
- Aug 15, '11 by ladyneshQuote from joyousdg@joyousdg - Have u spoken to Ms. Brenda regarding the deadline for ur immunizations? I was informed that was in July. Hope they gave u an extension.Hi, I start Bates in September too but I don't know how to get the list of books I will need. They want me to have completed all of my immunizations etc. before I will get any more information. This is kind of a frustrating process. I have most of my stuff done but am now waiting for the results of my PPD and I think they want a two step, I will barely be done in time with that before starting classes. How did you get the required books etc. without having all of your immunizations in?
Follow this link: http://www.bates.ctc.edu/BookSupply/ it will take u directly to Bates Bookstore, all u have to do is find ur program and the most updated list should be available. You can buy your books from anywhere as long as they are the correct ISBN
Have u been fitted for ur uniform? Have u contacted Ms. Brenda? If not, I am going to try and PM u her number & my number if u have questions, but Ms. Brenda is ur first step.
- Aug 15, '11 by joyousdgHi ladynesh,
Thanks for such a speedy response. They called me two weeks ago to see if I was interested so I hope they understand about the immunizations, I got in to get them done as soon as I could but it takes a little more than 6 months for the Hep B series to be completed. When I got on the waiting list last spring he told me the wait was 2 years. I hope this works out, I need to get financial aid going and everything, I don't really like last minute stuff and this is stressing me out. I better not let it. I did call Brenda but I lost her number she said that I had to turn in the completed packet first. I will call again now. I feel like I need more answers. Did you go to an orientation or learn more about the program yet?
I am glad to know someone who is also starting this fall, despite trying to get everything together in a hurry I am excited