George Mason Accelerated BSN Fall 2011 - Page 6Register Today!
- Apr 25, '11 by espress099AEP1209, have you been accepted to mason and/or GWU? The schools you've applied to are really good and highly competitive so I'm wondering if you'd choose Mason, over say, Hopkins or GWU? and would that be based soley on cost? (I'm debating between mason and GWU for fall)
- Apr 26, '11 by AEP1209Quote from espress099I still don't know yet whether or not I was accepted to Mason... I recently moved to a new apartment, and the post office botched my change of address request, so my mail is in limbo. I spoke with admissions yesterday, and they're sending me another letter ASAP. Hopefully I'll get it at my new address sometime in the next couple of days.AEP1209, have you been accepted to mason and/or GWU? The schools you've applied to are really good and highly competitive so I'm wondering if you'd choose Mason, over say, Hopkins or GWU? and would that be based soley on cost? (I'm debating between mason and GWU for fall)
Regarding the other schools, I did get accepted to GW, but I declined their offer of acceptance for two primary reasons: 1) It's a very long drive from where I live now, and I'm not in a position to relocate, 2) Considering the fact that they have yet to graduate their first ABSN cohort, I don't really feel comfortable putting that much money, time, and effort into a program that isn't necessarily a "proven product", you know?
I was also accepted at Hopkins, Georgetown, and Marymount. I'll have a big decision to make once I hear back from Mason. I really don't know what to do! I've heard from numerous people to attend the school that gives you the best value... To me, that means a great education at a well-respected school for a reasonable cost. Still not sure which school fits that description haha!
- Apr 26, '11 by espress099Thanks for the reply AEP. I hear ya on GW- I know it's not "proven" yet, but I feel as though it can't be bad since they have a great reputation... but worth the money, i dont know. I too, am trying to figure out which is the best value.. I regret not applying to Hopkins since it's number 1 in the country it may be worth the money (esp their 3 year RN-MSN program seemed great). I'm curious to know your final decision
- Apr 26, '11 by espress099On another note:
I've heard a couple people say that communication and organization aren't great in the mason program and that really concerns me, especially if school is stressful enough I hate having to fix problems with the school that should have been done correctly in the first place (this has perpetually frustrated me with public schools ..private seem to do a much better job- but you PAY for it$$).
Could someone please elaborate on the communication/organization issues (ie can't get in touch with people, no emails returned etc)... are they annoying enough that I should choose a different, more expensive school like GW?
Also, what is Mason's reputation with local hospitals? I've heard INOVA is a great hospital and since clinicals take place there do you think they would be more apt to hire a Mason graduate?
Where do Mason graduates typically get hired? Does one typically have a job lined up right before graduation?
- Apr 26, '11 by QtpiecalDoes anybody want to/know how to set up a facebook group? I feel like it would be easier to contact each other throughout the summer via facebook!!
- Apr 26, '11 by QtpiecalAlso, I spoke with someone from GMU's nursing dept and they pretty much said that those of us who received acceptance to the accelerated program can expect a favorable decision regarding admission to Mason.
It still doesn't make sense how we can receive acceptance to a program within GMU and NOT receive acceptance to the university itself yet?!!
- Apr 26, '11 by edwinwtQtpiecal, I think a facebook group is a great idea! It seems pretty simple to set up, but I need to add at least one friend to get it up and running. I need your help. Lets find each other on FB and get this going. You can search my name: Edwin Tucker.
- Apr 27, '11 by QtpiecalFrom Falls church? There are alot of Edwin Tuckers....
- Apr 27, '11 by edwinwtYeah. Edwin Tucker from Falls Church. The photo is my friend and I at an arcade.
- Apr 27, '11 by edwinwtHello all. A few of us set up a facebook group: GMU Accelerated Nursing 2011. Please come and join the group!