Where to live?
- 0Apr 7, '08 by LadyQTWill be working at Children's and need advice about safe apartments in close range. Preferably all utlities with washer/dryer, along with gated/control access. Any suggestiosn will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
- 0Apr 9, '08 by zahryiaQuote from LadyQTCongrats! I have the same question. I will be working for WHC, so let me know if you find something out.Will be working at Children's and need advice about safe apartments in close range. Preferably all utlities with washer/dryer, along with gated/control access. Any suggestiosn will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
- 0Apr 11, '08 by zahryiaQuote from LadyQTGreat minds think alike. I was thinking the same thing. The NW area of DC is ridiculous in price (i.e. Tenlytown, Friendship Heights, etc).I will....just hoping someone replies to the thread. I'm now thinking about just buying a condo with the price of rent now it's crazy in the area!
I was thinking maybe the Silver Spring or Takoma Park area. But that's expensive too.
- 0Apr 11, '08 by LadyQTIt's very expensive in Takoma Park and Silver Spring, I use to live in Silver Spring and my rent was $1100 without utlities or w/d. I'm now looking into condo's in Laurel or Annapolis. I'm not too worried about my commute since I'll be working nigh shift, I don't have to contend too much with traffic. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.
- 0Apr 11, '08 by RNNPICU, BSN, RNThere are some places gthat are relatively inexpensive, 12-1600 for a one bedroom and close to a metro. I do n ot know of many gated commun ities except far away in the suburbs like Alexandria, or ROckville. I am only saying far away if you are using metro, even driving with traffic it can take a while. Living in DC is not bad at all. I lived there for 6 years in Adams Morgan and had a great time. There are some apartments almost waling distance, about three blocks I can't remember there name. They are on North Capital and MIchigan Avenue. The only dawback is that there is not a grocery store within walking distance. There is a bus stop directly outside the apartment complex and stops directly in front of both WHC and CNMC. When I can remember the name I will post it.
- 0Apr 22, '08 by babyNP.When do you start your orientation? Congrats! I'll be starting in late August in the NICU; where are you at?
I've been looking into a lot of different "group" homes with "young professionals" (I suppose come June I'll be one of those!) and I'm hoping to pay less than $1,000 per month; anyone else think that's reasonable?
I've been told that NE DC is one area that you do NOT want to live. Does anyone know how well bikers are "accepted" into the road way? It's borderline okayish here in Seattle depending on where you go.