Pay Rate E.R. techRegister Today!
- by imaginethat101 Aug 22, '05Could someone please give me an idea of how much an "E.R. tech" or "Patient Care tech" would make at a D.C. E.R. Thanks
- Aug 23, '05 by jlambQuote from imaginethat101IF NO ONE POSTS, CALL A HOSPITAL JOB LINE OR A HOSPITAL RECRUITER. THEY COULD HELP. I VISIT D.C. QUITE OFTEN, BUT I LIVE IN OKLAHOMA. I know when Iworked ER I would give my eye teeth for a good ER tech. Heck, I live in Oklahoma, I would give every other tooth to have a good ER tech!!!Could someone please give me an idea of how much an "E.R. tech" or "Patient Care tech" would make at a D.C. E.R. Thanks
- Aug 23, '05 by Toby's mumQuote from imaginethat101for comparison sake:Could someone please give me an idea of how much an "E.R. tech" or "Patient Care tech" would make at a D.C. E.R. Thanks
I work PT (20 hrs/wk) as a Patient Care Tech in a NJ inner-city ER (14 beds + 2 gyn/pelvic rooms + 8 subacute rooms) and make $10.39/hr (day).
I also work as a per diem cardiac monitor tech on a 32-bed telemetry/progressive care unit and make $13.97/hr (evening differential).
- Dec 21, '06 by JoeERTechThough this an old post, I thought I'd reply anyway. I am starting next week as an ER Tech in a Level 2 trauma center. The base rate is $11.04, with a $1.06 differential after 2:30pm, and an additional $.50 on weekends. So, since I will be working nights, and every other weekend, I figure an average of about $12.25. Not getting rich by any means, but respectable for the position.
- May 20, '07 by simplykpbmost hospitals start you as a cna, which is like 11.30, then if you are a tech, with the drawing blood and starting iv lines etc, you would be looking at $14
- Dec 12, '08 by athomemom56You can start Iv's as an ER tech??????
- Dec 3, '09 by Ritz2010I realize that this is an old post, but I was wondering if anyone has information on what PCT salaries are like in the Philadelphia area, particularly the Main Line Hospitals. Thanks!!
- Aug 21, '10 by DLC-CNA-MAHi Ritz2010....I know I'm super late but I was wondering if you ever found out how much they paid the patient care techs at main line health??????
- Sep 5, '10 by ImASuckyCMA87Hey all.
I am a medical assistant who is in the process of being hired for an ER tech position in a Phila hospital (interview went great, Shadow Day is tomorrow!) Anyways, when I found the position online it listed that the starting hourly wage for this position was $15.85 with the median being 17 something.
Hope this helps!