Howard University - page 2
by HU_nurse | 7,308 Views | 17 Comments
Just wondering if there were any other HU students or Alumni's out there...... Read More
- 0Jun 1, '06 by panamamathank you HUnurse...i'll have to figure out how to PM and send you one. (i haven't posted on this site very much nor learned many of the many features!) mia & HU, i have unfortunately heard many horror stories about howard...even from friends who attended (non-nursing) undergrad years ago. like HU said, same with many HBCU's. so disappointing. i may still apply though. we'll see. i have time...still have to do my pre-reqs!!!
- 0Jun 1, '06 by chioma829Quote from HU_nursehow can u say most Black institutions have this problem. How did u base this theory? How many Black institutions have u attended or applyed to, to say this.The administration there is HORRIBLE as seems to be the case at most Black Institutions. And honestly, it does not get better once you are a student there. However, I personally LOVED my experience there and the administration problems were generally only a major issue during registration time. Even still, the problems were not so great as to take away from the overall experience. PM me for more information....
- 0Jun 1, '06 by panamamaQuote from chioma829chioma,how can u say most Black institutions have this problem. How did u base this theory? How many Black institutions have u attended or applyed to, to say this.
i don't know about HU nurse, but i have not attended any HBCU's. i do however, have many many friends who did. out of say, 20 friends who attended clark ATL, spellman, tuskegee, bowie, morgan, morehouse, shaw, howard, fisk, tougaloo, UDC, grambling & oakwood...they all have had similar awful experiences w/ administration disorganization and unresponsiveness (or rude behaviour when responding)....with the exeption of spellman and morehouse only. disappointing, but true.
- 0Jun 9, '06 by sunnyjohnQuote from Mia2005A shame really.Hi I actually went to Spelman and it was a wonderful experience. The administration wasnt that bad.. So I definetly support Panamama statement... All HBCU's arent the same but they do carry a stigma of bad customer service.
OT- Maybe they will finally let Tom Joyner buy Morris Brown and he can turn it into a nursing school!
- 0Jul 21, '12 by student20122In the 1st place from my experience pls don't make this school ur 1st choice b/c their undergrad admission office sucks they loose ur transcript 10 times before they finally claim that you sent it.
I mean things r totally redicioulous let me tell u something the admission will send denial letter and the nursing dept is gonna send u acceptance letter that is how much of a mess they are.
When u try to talk to the dean about all the thing that goes on the admission office nobody seems to actually care or even listen to students. They will just tell u the President/dean is too busy at the moment and they will let u talk to some assistant who is going to tell u the same exact mess the admission office has been telling you.
After all you give up about Howard and u leave them alone month after the nursing program starts they start emailing you saying pls disregard our email we sent u about ur acceptance that was an error. I MEAN COME ON EVERYTHING THEY DO IS AN ERROR! COME ON THE SCHOOL GOT TO BE A LITTLE MORE PROFESSIONAL THAN THIS THEY ALREADY HAVE BAD NAME OUT THERE EVERYONE WHO HAS ANY CONTACT WITH THAT SCHOOL ALREADY KNOWS THAT UNDER GRAD ADMISSION OFFICE IS FALLING APART!!
That school is really falling apart save ur money and try someother school trust me it's not worth the hussel that u have to go through that office and at the end they will lost ur stuff u will be out of luck and fraustrated!!