Georgetown WHC Scholarship discontinued?Register Today!
- by oldmare Jan 27, '12Does anyone know if Georgetown and WHC have discontinued their scholarship agreement? This is the scholarship where 80% of tuition is paid in exchange for three years at WHC post-grad.
I know the terms were being renegotiated for Fall 2012 admissions...but now when I check on Georgetown's scholarship link the WHC scholars program isn't there anymore.
- Jan 27, '12 by leenakNot sure if you saw my response to your other thread but looks like they replaced it with a $10,000 scholarship, awarded AFTER you are in the program in exchange for 2 years work at the hospital.
- Jan 27, '12 by oldmareBlech. It's an expensive school without that scholarship. $10,000 barely puts a dent in it. Oh well. Thanks
- Jan 27, '12 by leenakYeah and you wouldn't even know if you got the scholarship until after being in the program. As far as I can tell, Georgetown is the most expensive program in the area. More than Johns Hopkins and nearly twice of George Washington University. It might be the most expensive program in the country as really I haven't seen any other program with that price tag.
- Feb 3, '12 by LawyerRN2bWell that is the WORST news ever. I was really excited for the scholarship potential since there was just no way I could afford GT without it. Huge bummer.
- Feb 3, '12 by oldmareI know. Beyond the scholarship, I also liked the idea of having a hospital job locked in after graduation. I wonder if WHC just didn't have the hiring capacity anymore. Big bummer.
- Mar 18, '12 by TXgirl912Hi, the scholarship is still offered. I just applied for it and am hoping to join the Fall 2012 ABSN class at Georgetown.
- Mar 30, '12 by LawyerRN2bIt is? It's called Washington Hospital Center Scholars? It's for the 80% tuition reduction for 3 years of service? It's not being advertised on the GT website anymore. If you have any inside information, please let us know.
- Feb 6 by BRE5013Hi!
I am currently applying for Georgetown's Accelerated Nursing program to start in Fall 2013. I was wondering if any of you have more information on the status of the scholarship through WHC. I noticed that they don't advertise it on Georgetown's website, but it seemed as though the "80% off tuition/work at WHC hospital for 3 years" is still being advertised on WHC's website. Are any of you currently attending Georgetown's program with the scholarship? If so, are you happy you made the decision you did and about how much is the cost of the program with the scholarship? Also, do you know about how many people were accepted into the scholarship for your cohort?
- Feb 6 by TXgirl912Hey BRE5013,
The scholarship is still active through WHC. I started last fall and we have about 50 people in our cohort and about 30 have the WHC scholarship. It will end up being around 16,000 total with the scholarship. I am very happy with my decision...I love the program so far and have had great clinical experiences at WHC. I definitely recommend it! Good luck