Georgetown Accelerated BSN hopefuls -- fall 2013 - Page 23Register Today!
- Apr 27 by isy123Thanks for starting the facebook group Zoklaw!
- Apr 27 by zoklawErsoch - That link should take you directly to the page. Let me know if you run into any trouble. The group is currently set to public, so should be visible.
facebook.com/groups/fall2013absn/ or Georgetown University Fall 2013 ABSN in the search.Last edit by zoklaw on Apr 27
- Apr 30 by BRE5013I'm having a really hard time choosing between Georgetown with the scholarship, and Penn State Harrisburg's accelerated program. I live close to PSU Harrisburg that I got my first degree from Penn State, so it would be a much easier transition. However, I know that Georgetown's program is really good and I liked WHC, but I am scared about some negative personal experiences I've heard about Gtown and I'm nervous about the long commitment to DC. PLEAAAASSSEEE does anyone want to weigh in, or better yet, make my decision for me? Does anyone know anything about the Penn State program or anyone who has done it there? ANY honest information for opinions would be MUCH appreciated!! I am desperate!
- Apr 30 by mnelliganI'm actually right there with you, Bre! I've heard wonderful things about gtown and whc, and financially it's an awesome deal. I'll honestly probably end up committing to do it... but as the euphoria and excitement of getting everything is slightly wearing off, I'm starting to get cold feet.
Sorry I can't help more with penn state stuff... But you're not alone!
- May 2 by mrshamiltonHas anyone gotten anything via email yet about depositing? Georgetown sure is slow! I wish they were better at corresponding with us.
- May 3 by zoklawMy two cents: Georgetown's a great school with national name recognition and reputation. You will graduate with guaranteed, solid employment with a great (and giant) hospital that has incredible career growth potential, training opportunities, and exposure to a diverse population. You will also graduate with little debt (assuming you don't live extravagantly and don't rent in Georgetown) with the Georgetown sticker attached to it. Pretty sweet deal. In the end, I guess the question you want to ask yourself is whether you want to relocate to a new city environment and work in a health care setting like WHC. DC is expensive compared to rural PA, but I wager you will have more exposure to a greater variety nursing fields, people, and diversity of thought at a school like Georgetown.
- May 3 by BRE5013Thank you so much for your response! I appreciate it I am definitely leaning more and more towards Georgetown every day!! However, they just told me I need 1 more credit for Chemistry..what chemistry classes are still open for the and only one credit?? NONE! Of couuurrrsseee.. So until I figure that out, things are on hold for me. One option I've considered is trying to start in the spring instead. Does anyone know if we can defer our start date AND the scholarship for a semester?
- May 17 by shayjackson11Please someone give me some advice! I was one of the extended deadline applicants (April 1st deadline) and we were supposed to be hearing the results this week, however, I haven't received anything. Did you all receive your acceptance letters via email? I spoke to ***** last week and she said that we would be receiving acceptance letters this week and would have two weeks to apply for the scholarship. I feel like I am going to give myself a stroke worrying so much.Last edit by Esme12 on May 18 : Reason: TOS/NO facility/staff names
- May 21 by valval1908Quote from shayjackson11Hi Shayjackson11, I was only of the extended deadline applicants as well. I did receive an email to apply for the scholarship on May 7th, but have not heard a word since, only confirmation that my scholarship app essay was received. I am thinking that graduation has slowed things down a bit (or at least I am hoping) this is the case. At this point it would be nice to know one way or the other. Please let me know if you hear anything. ThanksPlease someone give me some advice! I was one of the extended deadline applicants (April 1st deadline) and we were supposed to be hearing the results this week, however, I haven't received anything. Did you all receive your acceptance letters via email? I spoke to ***** last week and she said that we would be receiving acceptance letters this week and would have two weeks to apply for the scholarship. I feel like I am going to give myself a stroke worrying so much.