George Mason Accelerated BSN Fall 2011 - page 8
Hi all, I'm applying to GMU's accelerated BSN program for fall 2011 admission, and I have a few questions... First of all, I know that they don't require letters of recommendation, but will they accept them and read them if... Read More
- 0Jun 12, '11 by QtpiecalMy stats are identical to the ones posted before
Undergrad GPA: 3.7 (James Madison University)
Pre-req GPA: 4.0 NOVA
I was a Finance major so I didn't have very much medical experience to apply to my application. I did volunteer at a hospital for about 6 months prior to when I applied. They definitely mentioned at their info session that they like to see some sort of volunteer experience or job in the medical profession on the resume.
- 0Jun 14, '11 by SuzyQ2011Congrats to those of you who have been accepted. I didn't realize that GMU discussion was under DC not VA. I just recently started taking pre-reqs at NOVA. I have a question for those of you who did the same. I noticed that for microbiology, you need to take 1 year of chemistry but have also been told that not everyone who has taken micro had to do the full year of chemistry. Any ideas? I am excited but nervous about starting this process. It is so competitive to get into nursing school. Congrats again!
- 0Jun 14, '11 by QtpiecalYou do not need a full year of chem - I only took CHM 111. I would get verification just to make sure but that's how it was when I took micro in the fall, and I know people who took it in the spring and only took a semester of chem as well. There are conflicting summaries of BIO 205 on two different parts of the NOVA website. One of the course descriptions states that 1 year of Chemistry is needed, whereas the other says only 1 semester.
- 0Jun 14, '11 by SuzyQ2011Quote from QtpiecalThanks for replying. How was the class? I am so scared of that class (chem was not my strength in high school) but I know I need to get through it to get to the microbiology.You do not need a full year of chem - I only took CHM 111. I would get verification just to make sure but that's how it was when I took micro in the fall, and I know people who took it in the spring and only took a semester of chem as well. There are conflicting summaries of BIO 205 on two different parts of the NOVA website. One of the course descriptions states that 1 year of Chemistry is needed, whereas the other says only 1 semester.
- 0Jun 15, '11 by LawyerRN2bSuzyQ2011- Would love to keep in touch. I am starting pre-reqs at NOVA in late August. I've been out of school for awhile so I am taking a bio-medical ethics class to satisfy a GT pre-req (and maybe GMU- I forget) just to get a feel for school again. I am so excited and looking forward to this road ahead.
Let us know how chem goes. I'm deathly afraid as well--think I squeaked by HS honors chem with a D+. Ouch. It truly was one of my worst classes ever.
- 0Jul 12, '11 by kkgatorgalHi everyone - I'm new to the site but this discussion is right on target with some questions I have. I'm currently in the process of applying for a 2012 Accelerated nursing program, and I need to take the HESI still. Where did all of you take the exam, and how was the test overall?
- 0Aug 18, '11 by QtpiecalI forget where I took mine, I think the only options were up in the Alexandria/Arlington area. I didn't find the exam too hard, definitely study and follow the study guide. The anatomy/physiology part of the exam was the hardest because I had only taken the first part of the course when I took the exam, but I still managed to score an 84% on that part.