George Mason Accelerated BSN Fall 2011 - page 2
Hi all, I'm applying to GMU's accelerated BSN program for fall 2011 admission, and I have a few questions... First of all, I know that they don't require letters of recommendation, but will they accept them and read them if... Read More
- 0Mar 7, '11 by student_bmjI also applied to George Mason's Accelerated Nursing Program in the fall, that's where I really want to go but they are so selective. Does anyone know when we will be notified of getting into the program and if anyone has been in the program, could they provide some insight on their experience?
- 0Apr 7, '11 by jennmcschmoYa know, I read that the acceptances / rejections from the university were supposed to start going out as of April 1st, and that the nursing school wouldn't send acceptances til the end of the month. I could have sworn during the info session that they said middle. But isn't is just like schools to be late with everything? I only live in Alexandria so mail service would only take a day! Did anyone apply anywhere else?
- 0Apr 10, '11 by AEP1209In addition to Mason, I applied to Johns Hopkins, Georgetown, GW, and Marymount. Because of proximity and cost, I think Marymount is my #1 school right now, other than GMU. Has anyone heard anything about what the GMU program is like compared to some of the other schools in this area? I know that it is somewhat shorter (12 months, instead of 14-15 months), but that's the extent of my knowledge. I wish we could get feedback from current or former students! Feel free to weigh in if you know anything about the program specifics!
- 0Apr 11, '11 by basefrk2I also applied and was accepted to the 2011 VCU program which starts in mid-May. I heard from a co-worker of my wife who works as a nurse at Fairfax Hospital that the VCU program is pretty slow. To differentiate "slow" from "long" - slow meaning that the program could cover its material more quickly than its 18-month schedule. But perhaps it is better than the crazy schedule Mason would require. Depends on each person's capacity.
I hope GMU sends out its responses quickly. Finding out May 1st about Mason would make a turnaround to VCU on May 16th pretty quick if GMU rejects me.
- 0Apr 11, '11 by jennmcschmoI spoke to the regular admissions office, and they told me that the acceptances as transfer students just started being mailed as of April 8th. The letters will continue to go out into May, which means we may not even hear about the inital acceptance for 3 weeks!! I was told this would not affect the nursing school decision, as they have to wait on the regular Mason decisions. I was told not to worry that I have not received anything yet, because almost no one has. Anyone else think they are being very slow about this?
As for Georgetown, anyone hear from them? I know we should hear before the 18th so we have a chance to fill out the scholarship application. I was just wondering if they are also waiting til last minute for everything.