Medical trips to other countries?Register Today!
- by Whiddy Oct 16, '08:heartbeat I have been looking for humanitarian groups and foundations that do medical mission/medical volunteer trips to other countries. Have you been on one you would recommend? :heartbeat
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=341251©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,460 Views
- Oct 16, '08 by meadow85I would like to know myself. The biggest one that stands out for me is 'Doctors Without Borders'. They have RN positions as well.
- Oct 16, '08 by daisydollQuote from meadow85It looks like this organization requires 6-9 mos of volunteer time, with preference for 9-12 mos. Any organizations that offer trips a week or two in length?I would like to know myself. The biggest one that stands out for me is 'Doctors Without Borders'. They have RN positions as well.
I just noticed that Doctors Without Borders offers a monthly salary, round-trip transport, medical and life ins, and room and board. Doesnt sound like a bad deal!
- Oct 16, '08 by UKPedsRNI worked with Food For the Hungry based in AZ. They need nurses to do trips to all of the countries they work in. They are a Christian organisation and are always in need of doctors and nurses to complete short and long term contracts as well as 1-2 week trips. If you are willing to organise a group of colleagues (doctors, nurses, dentists) they will give you lots of options
- Oct 16, '08 by criticareNorthwest Medical Missions out of Oregon does short term medical trips as well as disaster response work around the world.
- Nov 15, '08 by egv08I really want to do something like this.
I've been looking at AYUDA (American Youth Understanding Diabetes Abroad).
- Nov 15, '08 by kharingI worked with someone who went to India through Project Hope.
Here's a link: