The Wait Begins... Any Other NVCC 2012 Hopefuls? - Page 9Register Today!
- May 26, '12 by aj123got the email as well!
- May 29, '12 by CaligirlinVAHey everyone!
Sending my application in was such a great feeling! I recieved my e-mail notifcation at the end of last week, so I know my application is in the next step. Just another 2 or so weeks until we will all know! I am hoping the letters come out on time, I was already obsessively checking my mailbox and my inbox for the confirmation reciept from the school that seemed to take so long to be sent out. Do they ever make the stats available for how many applicants vs spots in the program? Surely they have the rough number of applicants vs spots available by now. Did they increase the number of spots in the Traditional track this semester since the Momentum program is not being offered? I just wish I had some stats to try and dwell on! Good luck everyone!
- May 30, '12 by LocallyGrownHey guys. I just got an email from **** **** with the attached letter confirming receipt of my application. In the email she said that they are still processing applications and that they are "hoping" to have acceptance/non-acceptance letters go out no later than Friday, June 8. The email said that it will initially be sent to our student email address and then the original will go in the mail. The attached letter said the orientation is on June 27 and it's mandatory.
Okay, so being how I am nervous about spots and all, I counted the number of email recipients on the distribution list. I have no idea if this is the total of applicants or just the folks like me who never got a letter in the mail confirming receipt. I counted 84 total. I am wondering if this is the amount of people who have applied. I would hardly think it'd be that low.
So now to nervously wait till June 8th!!!Last edit by tnbutterfly on May 31, '12 : Reason: Please do not post names of school staff
- May 30, '12 by CaligirlinVAI was just coming here to post what locally grown posted! I was so excited to see the e-mail in my inbox! It was encouraging to see that they are aiming to get the notification letters out slightly earlier than I originally anticipated. I didn't count the recepient list, but maybe this e-mail went out to the group that sent in applications right around the deadline. Probably the largest group of applications came in right around May 14, so if recepient list was only that group I would guess maybe 30 other applications were sent in well before the deadline. All of this is just guesswork, but maybe there was a smaller application pool for some reason this semester. I believe the sonography program at NOVA is pretty new, and perhaps people who potentially would have applied to the RN program chose to go that route instead? When I took my SDV course during the last school year I was surprised at how few of the people in my class were looking to apply to the RN program. I expected it to be mostly people wanting to go RN and then some looking at other programs, but it was less than 50% of the class looking at applying to the RN program (only one or two other students who were applying to the Fall 2012 cycle.) My class seemed to have a large number of people interested in the PTA program and sonography program.
I hope we all get good news in the next week or so!
- May 30, '12 by LPN-RN2012I also got an email from Mrs **** but mine made me even more nervous because I applied to LPN-RN program and she sent an email to inform us that the date of orientation if we get accepted is June 27th the letter had said it would be the 29th and I counted how many people that was sent to and it was 43 but there are only 30 spots for the LPN Transition class so I am thinking that is 13 people who probably won't get in and I am praying one of them won't be me!!
Oh my gosh it is going to be a long 10 days till we get those letters......did your email say they were going to email students and tell them if they were accepted or not???
I am a nervous wreck!!!!!Last edit by tnbutterfly on May 31, '12 : Reason: Please do not post names of school staff
- May 30, '12 by LocallyGrownHey LPN...our email/letter said that we would receive an email stating whether we were accepted or not. That would be followed by a letter in the mail. And they said that it would go out no later than June 8.
- May 31, '12 by LPN-RN2012Thank you NurseRemington I did not know they had a bridge program, I hadn't looked into them because I thought it was straight RN I will definately keep that in mind if I don't get into NOVA........do you know how long the program is?? It is nice to know they don't have a waitlist!!
- May 31, '12 by Marmite75I am a little nervous now: I sent in my application for the traditional RN in Feb, and still have not received an email! I have a 4.0 and got 96 overall in the TEAS, so I feel I am competitive but reading everyone's posts about receiving emails has me doubting my submission. Anyone else waiting for email confirmation? Is it just LPN-RN's getting emails? Maybe my application is at the bottom of the pile?
Sigh. I hate this waiting.
- May 31, '12 by LPN-RN2012Marmire75 I think there are others on this forum who haven't gotten the email, I am thinking the LPN-RN students might have gotten them first because I don't think there is as many applicants for that program but that is just my guess and my wish since I applied to that program!!
Besides with the stats you have you are totally going to get in but I know how nerve wrecking this waiting is but we only have 7 more days until letters are mailed and hopefully acceptance emails will go out before that!!!
- May 31, '12 by TrulyBlessed1Marmite, have you called them???